Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Welcome to the Brig sacréréno scammer not so extraordinaire.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #31
    I should do,it's a fair wack of money,l for me,moderator was saying I'll probably lose my PayPal account though but I guess that's a small sacrifice to get reimbursed

    Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

    Comment


      #32
      Originally posted by Fergulator72 View Post
      I should do,it's a fair wack of money,l for me,moderator was saying I'll probably lose my PayPal account though but I guess that's a small sacrifice to get reimbursed

      Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
      You should probably NOT do that. Paypal will try and collect its money from you. Their terms of service clearly speak about this issue. They are a pain in the ass. That's why you should always pay for goods and services in this price range. What do the extra 50$ matter in the end.

      ​​​This is no guarantee that they will try and fuck you but a 99.99% chance they will get their money from you. Had a similar case a few years back that ended in my lawyer telling me: "yeah you are in the right and you would win in a court of law but it would probably go before the Bundesgerichtshof take 5 years and cost 70k"

      I hope you belong to the 00.01% and don't get problems afterwards (I don't know french law).

      Comment


        #33
        Originally posted by bleedinglottery View Post

        You should probably NOT do that. Paypal will try and collect its money from you. Their terms of service clearly speak about this issue. They are a pain in the ass. That's why you should always pay for goods and services in this price range. What do the extra 50$ matter in the end.

        ​​​This is no guarantee that they will try and fuck you but a 99.99% chance they will get their money from you. Had a similar case a few years back that ended in my lawyer telling me: "yeah you are in the right and you would win in a court of law but it would probably go before the Bundesgerichtshof take 5 years and cost 70k"

        I hope you belong to the 00.01% and don't get problems afterwards (I don't know french law).
        I'm not going to do nothing and lose 2350 euro,I've already got a conditional refund from my bank,if PayPal want to come after me instead of the person who used fraud through PayPal then they can try

        Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

        Comment


          #34
          Originally posted by bleedinglottery View Post

          You should probably NOT do that. Paypal will try and collect its money from you. Their terms of service clearly speak about this issue. They are a pain in the ass. That's why you should always pay for goods and services in this price range. What do the extra 50$ matter in the end.

          ​​​This is no guarantee that they will try and fuck you but a 99.99% chance they will get their money from you. Had a similar case a few years back that ended in my lawyer telling me: "yeah you are in the right and you would win in a court of law but it would probably go before the Bundesgerichtshof take 5 years and cost 70k"

          I hope you belong to the 00.01% and don't get problems afterwards (I don't know french law).
          I agree with using goods a d service though,I think it's around an extra 5% which was around $200 aud

          Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

          Comment


            #35
            Originally posted by Fergulator72 View Post
            I'm not going to do nothing and lose 2350 euro,I've already got a conditional refund from my bank,if PayPal want to come after me instead of the person who used fraud through PayPal then they can try

            Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
            Sad to hear that you are still struggling with that scam. Hope it can be resolved soon. I'm suprised the scammer hasn't been found yet ?

            Comment


              #36
              I'm not sure much is being done, possibly because I'll more than likely get my money back through my bank,I've already got a conditional refund,after 45 days it goes unconditional,from what I've found on Google and PayPal site he will owe the debt not me

              Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

              Comment


                #37
                Originally posted by Fergulator72 View Post
                I'm not sure much is being done, possibly because I'll more than likely get my money back through my bank,I've already got a conditional refund,after 45 days it goes unconditional,from what I've found on Google and PayPal site he will owe the debt not me

                Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
                Well, usually the RWI team exposes the scammer's life and identity to put pressure on him/her, and force him to refund the buyer. Anyway, i hope you will get back your money soon mate.

                Comment


                  #38
                  Originally posted by Pdatoon View Post

                  Well, usually the RWI team exposes the scammer's life and identity to put pressure on him/her, and force him to refund the buyer. Anyway, i hope you will get back your money soon mate.
                  I know,I've seen that being done on previous brig posts,I'm not sure why is hasn't been done this time,i appreciate your support

                  Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

                  Comment


                    #39
                    Originally posted by Fergulator72 View Post
                    I know,I've seen that being done on previous brig posts,I'm not sure why is hasn't been done this time,i appreciate your support

                    Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
                    I think there was a brig thread in which there were a lot of complaints about doxxing. Maybe that’s why we don’t see it as much? That’s the only thing I can think of.


                    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

                    Comment


                      #40
                      I have an update on this case,this scammer dog piece of shit never refunded me,never answered emails or phone calls,took 2350 euro and disappeared, luckily I paid with a credit card and was able to do a charge back,it took a while but 3 weeks ago I won and got my money back through my bank,I've waited 3 weeks before saying anything because I wasn't sure if PayPal were going to come after me for the funds,I haven't heard anything from them.
                      If I had of paid by PayPal balance and possibly bank account Im guessing i would have lost my money.
                      This guy is still making Frankens , sending watches to modders so he's obviously got money,he's just a piece of shit with no conscience.


                      Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

                      Comment


                        #41
                        Is the scammer still in the forum? Have the modders been notified of this POS?


                        Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

                        Comment


                          #42
                          Originally posted by papabear244 View Post
                          Is the scammer still in the forum? Have the modders been notified of this POS?


                          Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                          Do you mean moderators or modders? A moderator started this thread ( tripdog ). If you mean watch modders, then aside from those that are both moderators and modders, I would assume most savvy members on here familiarise themselves with who’s in the brig etc.

                          Comment


                            #43
                            Originally posted by Fergulator72 View Post
                            I have an update on this case,this scammer dog piece of shit never refunded me,never answered emails or phone calls,took 2350 euro and disappeared, luckily I paid with a credit card and was able to do a charge back,it took a while but 3 weeks ago I won and got my money back through my bank,I've waited 3 weeks before saying anything because I wasn't sure if PayPal were going to come after me for the funds,I haven't heard anything from them.
                            If I had of paid by PayPal balance and possibly bank account Im guessing i would have lost my money.
                            This guy is still making Frankens , sending watches to modders so he's obviously got money,he's just a piece of shit with no conscience.


                            Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
                            I'm glad you were able to recover your money. Scammers like this POS put a negative cloud over the hobby. For all newer members, consider the tenure of the member and if they logically would be capable of acquiring or building the watch they are presenting to sell. Not to say new members are scammers because 99% are not, but consider the overall situation.
                            My wish list:
                            Panerai OP VIII movement (7750 with GMT complication)

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X