• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Movement swap

duddyfud

Looking Around
17/8/20
Hey all, I'm swapping out the movement in an IWC 3777-09 Pilot Chrono rep from ZF. The movement looks like a Seagull 3LZF2 7750 Clone. I lost one of the small rods that goes in the movement (the part that the chrono buttons of the case pushes, see pic). Do these rods usually come with the movement? If not, can they be sourced? Thanks in advance!

Procurator

Strawcruncher
Gold Patron
Certified
15/1/20
SEA
Theres a lot of threads regarding a 7750 swap, but seeing this is the same watch and movement, Ill ask my question here.

IWC 3717 - movement as stated above - cloned 7750 from Shanghai - 3LZF2.

According to the guides, the hand sizes on a gen 7750 ETA are different, which means, Id have to somehow modify the rep IWC hands to fit the movement. Is this a correct assumption?

Does a version of gen ETA 7750 with running seconds at 9 o’clock and with the same size hand tubes as the 3LZF2 exist?
I’d really like to upgrade this piece to a gen ETA, but hands are stopping me at this point, because I do not know of any ETA version that would have the same tube dimensions for the hands. Am I wrong?

Any help appreciated from you guys!

Reactions: jjwatty

delfin driver

You're Saying I Can Sell?
28/9/22
Theres a lot of threads regarding a 7750 swap, but seeing this is the same watch and movement, Ill ask my question here.

IWC 3717 - movement as stated above - cloned 7750 from Shanghai - 3LZF2.

According to the guides, the hand sizes on a gen 7750 ETA are different, which means, Id have to somehow modify the rep IWC hands to fit the movement. Is this a correct assumption?

Does a version of gen ETA 7750 with running seconds at 9 o’clock and with the same size hand tubes as the 3LZF2 exist?
I’d really like to upgrade this piece to a gen ETA, but hands are stopping me at this point, because I do not know of any ETA version that would have the same tube dimensions for the hands. Am I wrong?

Any help appreciated from you guys!
I also want to swap out my petit prince zf 43mm for an eta or acrual iwc movement. im interested in what movement to buy ans where to buy real hands.

Procurator

Strawcruncher
Gold Patron
Certified
15/1/20
SEA
I also want to swap out my petit prince zf 43mm for an eta or acrual iwc movement. im interested in what movement to buy ans where to buy real hands.
I bought a high end ETA 7750 off ebay and gen hands from WeiKoh here on RWI.

Rx4Time

Supporter, Panerai lover
Supporter
Certified
31/3/16
CONUS
Everything will work except for the chronograph seconds hand, as the post is different diameter. Also you might have problems with the replica day and date wheels. When I did my swap with my IWC 3719 I had to install ETA day and day wheels because the day will kept skipping. It's not a big issue since IWC uses the standard font.

Reactions: Procurator

delfin driver

You're Saying I Can Sell?
28/9/22
Everything will work except for the chronograph seconds hand, as the post is different diameter. Also you might have problems with the replica day and date wheels. When I did my swap with my IWC 3719 I had to install ETA day and day wheels because the day will kept skipping. It's not a big issue since IWC uses the standard font.
if i cant find an IWC movement what is the best eta 7750 movement i cab buy?