• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ARF Daytona 116500 V2 A7750 Movement major problems

RepWatch17

Looking Around
4/9/19
I just received my new ARF Daytona V2 from Puretime. But my watch has a major problem.
the watch stops working after a few seconds. If I shake the watch, it starts working again, for a few seconds.
What can I do? Any idea?
Do I need a watchsmith? Does anybody know one in Germany?
The seconds are located at 6.
Thank you.

sn95

Renowned Member
29/7/18
I'm sorry to hear that this happened, it's unfortunate but it does occur. You're most likely going to need a basic service at the very minimum depending on the damage. For the most part these cloned movements are not put together too well, I've experienced a few dead movements, one of which was caused by a piece of dirt getting stuck in the wheels. Good news is that after a good service from a reputable watchmaker you should be all set for the next 4-7 years :). I'd reach out to a few people on this forum to see if they'd be able to work on it, worst case call up a few places near you and ask if they have experience working on cloned eta movements (some place might refuse to work on cloned movements.) Best of luck, keep us updated with your outcome.

RepWatch17

Looking Around
4/9/19
Hello,

thank you for your help, i really appreciate it.
It would be nice if you handle something out with your sources. Are your contacts working in Germany or in Europe?

bartez80

You're Saying I Can Sell?
23/8/19
FL/US
I just received my new ARF Daytona V2 from Puretime. But my watch has a major problem.
the watch stops working after a few seconds. If I shake the watch, it starts working again, for a few seconds.
What can I do? Any idea?
Do I need a watchsmith? Does anybody know one in Germany?
The seconds are located at 6.
Thank you.

try wind the watch manually, unscrew the winding crown completely, then turn it several times clockwise. (Turning in the other direction has no effect.) A minimum of 15 turns is required for adequate partial winding. The watch will then be wound automatically as long as it is worn on the wrist.