• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Navitimer World (A7754/7754) Problem

Tschacko

Supporter
1/8/18
Guys,

my Navitimer World A7754 probably died. I am trying to find the best solution. Would it take a gen ETA7754 ? would the hands fit ?

I could source it around 500 Euro. Is there a cheaper A7754 which I could source from a watch and maybe service it for the sake of better sleep ?

Thanks

Tschacko

Energo

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
18/4/18
I installed last week ETA 7754 on HB. Hands require dorobotki, but not scary. The problem is that A7754 is thicker than ETA 7754 and the gap between the dial and the scale is obtained.

Tschacko

Supporter
1/8/18
Polish autocorrect? What is an HB ?

Hublot ?

Thanks for the info. Are all pinions the same on the A775X ?

Energo

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
18/4/18
HB- error)) NW-Navitimer World [h=1][/h]

Rx4Time

Supporter, Panerai lover
Supporter
Certified
31/3/16
CONUS
Polish autocorrect? What is an HB ?

Hublot ?

Thanks for the info. Are all pinions the same on the A775X ?

The chronograph seconds hand is not the same diameter post. I've done the swap to ETA in a 7750 based Skyland Avenger, and my datora montbrilliant had the swap done before I bought it. I had to source a genuine handsetfor the Skyland Avenger as I was advised by my watch Smith that it would risk the chronograph seconds hand slipping if we forced the replica one to fit. I'll never understand why, but the older low beat Asian 7750 had the same diameter, but the newer high beat one that's been around for the last 8 to 10 years it's not compatible for the chronograph seconds hand.

Tschacko

Supporter
1/8/18
The chronograph seconds hand is not the same diameter post. I've done the swap to ETA in a 7750 based Skyland Avenger, and my datora montbrilliant had the swap done before I bought it. I had to source a genuine handsetfor the Skyland Avenger as I was advised by my watch Smith that it would risk the chronograph seconds hand slipping if we forced the replica one to fit. I'll never understand why, but the older low beat Asian 7750 had the same diameter, but the newer high beat one that's been around for the last 8 to 10 years it's not compatible for the chronograph seconds hand.

Haha, and how did you source a gen handset ? Chrono24 ? How much did you pay ?

Energo

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
18/4/18
I installed the ETA7750 in Skyland and Bandit and everywhere I left Rep hands

Energo

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
18/4/18
ETA 7753 in PAM 356 ETA 7754 in Navitimer Wrold everywhere hands rep

Rx4Time

Supporter, Panerai lover
Supporter
Certified
31/3/16
CONUS
Haha, and how did you source a gen handset ? Chrono24 ? How much did you pay ?

Dr Chrono on eBay has a few breitling hands. The Skyland Avenger set cost I think it was $70, and more recently I purchased a gen handset for my datora montbrilliant which cost $85 if I remember correctly from the same seller.

Valaj

Known Member
15/3/23
Illinois
Sorry to revive an old thread. I thought I'd post here rather than start a new one.

I have a BP Navi World. I'd like to swap a gen ETA 7754 in. I've found one on ebay that is supposedly authentic (not Breitling; generic). It comes with a date wheel. I've also found gen hands on ebay. I haven't bought these two though.

Will the movement and hands work with the rep dial? I'm assuming I won't need a gen dial as well unless I want one. Will there be a sunken date wheel or will it be like now?