Announcement

Collapse

Please Consider Supporting RWI Today!

We depend on Supporter & Patron subscriptions to pay the bills. Please consider supporting RWI TODAY, CLICK HERE for info on how to subscribe.
See more
See less

Navitimer World (A7754/7754) Problem

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Navitimer World (A7754/7754) Problem

Guys,

my Navitimer World A7754 probably died. I am trying to find the best solution. Would it take a gen ETA7754 ? would the hands fit ?

I could source it around 500 Euro. Is there a cheaper A7754 which I could source from a watch and maybe service it for the sake of better sleep ?

Thanks

Tschacko

I installed last week ETA 7754 on HB. Hands require dorobotki, but not scary. The problem is that A7754 is thicker than ETA 7754 and the gap between the dial and the scale is obtained.

Comment

Hands require work))

Comment

Polish autocorrect? What is an HB ?

Hublot ?

Thanks for the info. Are all pinions the same on the A775X ?

Comment

HB- error)) NW-Navitimer World

Comment

Originally posted by Tschacko View Post
            Polish autocorrect? What is an HB ?

Hublot ?

Thanks for the info. Are all pinions the same on the A775X ?
            The chronograph seconds hand is not the same diameter post. I've done the swap to ETA in a 7750 based Skyland Avenger, and my datora montbrilliant had the swap done before I bought it. I had to source a genuine handsetfor the Skyland Avenger as I was advised by my watch Smith that it would risk the chronograph seconds hand slipping if we forced the replica one to fit. I'll never understand why, but the older low beat Asian 7750 had the same diameter, but the newer high beat one that's been around for the last 8 to 10 years it's not compatible for the chronograph seconds hand.
            My wish list: gen components...
            Breitling Datora Montibrilliant dial, older style

Breitling B13 date wheel

Panerai OP VIII movement

Comment

Originally posted by Rx4Time View Post

The chronograph seconds hand is not the same diameter post. I've done the swap to ETA in a 7750 based Skyland Avenger, and my datora montbrilliant had the swap done before I bought it. I had to source a genuine handsetfor the Skyland Avenger as I was advised by my watch Smith that it would risk the chronograph seconds hand slipping if we forced the replica one to fit. I'll never understand why, but the older low beat Asian 7750 had the same diameter, but the newer high beat one that's been around for the last 8 to 10 years it's not compatible for the chronograph seconds hand.
              Haha, and how did you source a gen handset ? Chrono24 ? How much did you pay ?

Comment

I installed the ETA7750 in Skyland and Bandit and everywhere I left Rep hands

Comment

ETA 7753 in PAM 356 ETA 7754 in Navitimer Wrold everywhere hands rep

Comment

Originally posted by Tschacko View Post

Haha, and how did you source a gen handset ? Chrono24 ? How much did you pay ?
                    Dr Chrono on eBay has a few breitling hands. The Skyland Avenger set cost I think it was $70, and more recently I purchased a gen handset for my datora montbrilliant which cost $85 if I remember correctly from the same seller.
                    My wish list: gen components...
                    Breitling Datora Montibrilliant dial, older style

Breitling B13 date wheel

Panerai OP VIII movement

Comment

Working...
                    X