• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Is the A79350 a modified A7750? If yes, is it more reliable?

Omagad

I'm Pretty Popular
10/11/16
Super Reps Temple
Sorry was just rereading it it should have read as follows:. the running seconds is at six o'clock utilizing a small gear train of 3 jeweled gears to move from the normal 9 oclock position. The subdial at 12 is not frozen as it's a 30 minute counter and in the same position as a standard 7750. Ugh. That's what happens when you quickly respond while eating dinner. Bottom line it's a 7750 with the running seconds moved to six everything else functions as normal and it's a reliable setup.

Perfect! Thanks.

larocco

Horology Curious
7/10/18
Hi I just bought IW371446 with that movement. All sub dials are working. Rotor is loud and it spins like crazy in both directions. That is really bad thing. If u ever held an gen swiss watch non of movements allow the rotor to spin for more than half a circle. In my experience (i own omega speedmaster and zenith el primero)

Rx4Time

Supporter, Panerai lover
Supporter
Certified
31/3/16
CONUS
Hi I just bought IW371446 with that movement. All sub dials are working. Rotor is loud and it spins like crazy in both directions. That is really bad thing. If u ever held an gen swiss watch non of movements allow the rotor to spin for more than half a circle. In my experience (i own omega speedmaster and zenith el primero)

unfortunately the 7750 is a unidirectional wind so the rotor free spins in the non winding direction. This is a characteristic of both the asian and swiss variant. You can have it serviced and silenced to reduce the noise, but it cannot be eliminated, even in the ETA.

Reactions: csthe

M_Hall

I'm Pretty Popular
8/10/15
Yeah actually when I was saying this is the best rep movement I’ve owned, I have to admit the rotor is laughable. It’s very loud and when it free spins it sounds cheap as hell.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Omagad

I'm Pretty Popular
10/11/16
Super Reps Temple
Yeah actually when I was saying this is the best rep movement I’ve owned, I have to admit the rotor is laughable. It’s very loud and when it free spins it sounds cheap as hell.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Okay, so that's why I won't buy it.

Thanks!

ssouthall6

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/10/13
Right.

Essentially this is the same slimmed down 7750 as the a4130 in the ARF. Both movements 30.28mm in diameter.

However, it appears that the running seconds pinion on the A79350 is 1.2mm too high for the ARF dial. I don't really understand why. It's the same f*cking movement supposedly!!

Anyone got any suggestions? Is this definitely the case or am I going mad?