• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

User guide to the A7750 movement.

DocThor

I'm Pretty Popular
18/3/13
Just had been at Domis with my sec@6 Daytona this week.
I usually let him put in a swiss 7750 on which he performs his very own sec@6 mod.
But...it's not necessary with the new 29 jewel (4130 clone they say...there's only a deco plate on the movement) a7750s he said.
He's very impressed how great they perform and how well they are made. They even improved his mod, using a different way as he did.
Plus...at least my a7750 was so clean and running good that it wasn't necessary to have it serviced.
I'd always recommend to have a watchsmith taking a look at it but it seems that even the a7750 is becoming a reliable movement at the end :)

UDTMIKE

I'm Pretty Popular
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
15/5/17
Let's hope so. I have a new Navi 01 coming any day now. But since I had a bad experience a couple moths ago with a new Skyland, I am still a bit anxious.

D

d4m.test

Just a question. What year did the "newly improved a7750" came out? or used by the factories especially JF

DocThor

I'm Pretty Popular
18/3/13
Just a question. What year did the "newly improved a7750" came out? or used by the factories especially JF
It's more a guess but as far as I remember they are available since mid of 2016.

...sent with wooden drums via Tupperware.

D

d4m.test

It's more a guess but as far as I remember they are available since mid of 2016.

Oh. Deym. I'm planning to pull the trigger. On AP grandprix v3 by JF and it was released April 2015. How do you determine if it's the old 7750 or the new one? Any physical differences that you can see by looking at the caseback?

Sent from my SM-J710GN using Tapatalk

DocThor

I'm Pretty Popular
18/3/13
Oh. Deym. I'm planning to pull the trigger. On AP grandprix v3 by JF and it was released April 2015. How do you determine if it's the old 7750 or the new one? Any physical differences that you can see by looking at the caseback?

Sent from my SM-J710GN using Tapatalk
I'm only talking about the sec@6 a7750. Dunno if the sec@12 are reliable too...sorry.

wobby82

6/10/16
Let's hope so. I have a new Navi 01 coming any day now. But since I had a bad experience a couple moths ago with a new Skyland, I am still a bit anxious.
I've had my navtimer world 1 year now with the seconds at 9 and it's still running perfect with about 42/45 pier reserve and that's without a service

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

P1EMO

Known Member
26/7/19
Italy
Have this movement on my rep Navitimer that I wear on daily basis.
Just curious, if I leave the Chrono run 24/7.. it can damage the movement or cause any kind of issue?

Sent from my Mi MIX 2 using Tapatalk

WATCH HACKER

I'm Pretty Popular
MULTI ACCOUNT
24/4/19
Currently in South Hampton
Have this movement on my rep Navitimer that I wear on daily basis.
Just curious, if I leave the Chrono run 24/7.. it can damage the movement or cause any kind of issue?

As far as I know is there would be no issue but the reserve power will drain very fast even if you're wearing it. And for some instances the time on your watch will be wrong as the reserve power go low and the time will stop for some time then move again then stop.

I tried it before. =)

P1EMO

Known Member
26/7/19
Italy
As far as I know is there would be no issue but the reserve power will drain very fast even if you're wearing it. And for some instances the time on your watch will be wrong as the reserve power go low and the time will stop for some time then move again then stop.

I tried it before. =)
Thanks for the advice, will live it still! ;)

Or maybe leave it run for 4-5hrs in order not to have all the sundials and the hand vertically aligned

sbwatch81

You're Saying I Can Sell?
15/6/19
I know it has long discussion, but unfortunately, my A7750 was gone.
I visited watchmaker who was recommend here, but he asked $350 for repair.
Any recommended watchmaker in LA area?
Thank you.

Max3223

21/9/17
Thanks for the repost and information. I'm about to receive my first A7750 movement, hopefully knowing this will save me facing any problems.

H S

Smuggler
Patron
Certified
10/6/21
USA
This was a great read. I'm very grateful for the info. My first rep should be delivered soon and it has the 7750.

superflysocal

6/2/23
USA
Newbie chronograph owner here. Is it a bad practice to leave the chronograph always on to use it like a seconds hand? Does having the chrono on affects accuracy (ie slow it down)?