• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Autowind issue : Help me identify the culprit

mini-mad

You're Saying I Can Sell?
7/5/12
France
Hello everyone,

Recently my A7750 has had some poor autowind capability (I would sometimes wear the watch for a couple days straight, and then notice it was dead the next morning).
So I popped out the caseback, and used the service hole to peek at the reversing wheel. Sure enough, it wasn't doing its job and the rotor would spin freely in both directions...

At this point I would have thought it was a sticky reversing wheel issue, until I poked at the click spring and gently lifted it away from the wheel's teeth to let it snap back on. Now the reversing wheel was doing its job again and the watch would autowind.
The issue would though come back when hand winding the watch, and it wouldn't go away until I did the click spring manoeuvre!

So what do you guys think? Am I looking at a sticky reversing wheel that could use a good cleaning, or a faulty click spring?

Last edited:

rcyannis

Horology Curious
26/5/20
Vermont, USA
Nice work finding a solution! I think it's worth while to try and gently remove the automatic works to see if you can service it.
I have recently asked if those parts can be swapped to gen but am currently unsure.