• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Help needed to recognise a 6497 movement

JOP

Renowned Member
30/1/17
Hi guys,
i just receive those pictures from a friend. I think that is an undecorated movement but i can't recognise the only mark it has.
It gives life to a silver Newton pocket watch with arabic numerals of the 30s that writes ancre 17rubis, antichoc.

Any kind of information will help.

thanks!

yfnVG.jpg

yfsI6.jpg

JOP

Renowned Member
30/1/17
I just realise that the shape of its "emblem" has the same shape with France!

JOP

Renowned Member
30/1/17
Any info? speculation? come on guys, i 'm so curious by this "AP" that i read. Maybe from a low cost bunch of movements?

Stuvetjee

Russian Spambot Sales Moderator
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
3/3/14
NL / Schweizer
Any info? speculation? come on guys, i 'm so curious by this "AP" that i read. Maybe from a low cost bunch of movements?

Thats not AP but HP which is Hyppolite Parrenin. A french movement maker back in the days. Afaik it is not based on the ETA, but could be wrong.

capice

I'm Pretty Popular
12/12/07
At first I thought it was a Russian mvt...not sure if it's a HP though

JOP

Renowned Member
30/1/17
Thats not AP but HP which is Hyppolite Parrenin. A french movement maker back in the days. Afaik it is not based on the ETA, but could be wrong.

Many thanks! it could be Hyppolyte Parrenin, i use it on search and found few like my friends one. Thank you!

Reactions: Stuvetjee