• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ARF SH3135 Movement Replacement Question

Pablochac0n

You're Saying I Can Sell?
18/12/17
West Coast, USA
I've been searching around the forum and have come to the conclusion that I need a new movement, specifically a 2824-2 movement swap. However, before sourcing the movement and watch-smith, I wanted to ask the community to make sure I am taking the proper steps. Essentially I have pretty new ARF V3 Sub with the SH3135 movement. The movement winds (auto/manual) and the hands are adjustable (crown position 3), however, quickset date function does not work and the hands do not move. I have not found a thread with the same (exact) problem, but the general consensus with similar SH3135 issues is to just swap out the movement. Any and all thoughts appreciated. Cheers.

Docrolex

Known Member
28/12/19
Germany
Swap it for the VR 3135, this is much improved, has the same dimensions as the SA, and you dont have to change any parts. With the eta movement , Dial and Hands will not fit anymore, and you need a spacer ring to make it fit ( if the stem height would fit, not sure). You can get the VR 3135 here on RWI, is a singapore seller, I got mine from him, fast shipping and good price (155USD) he is trustworthy.

Pablochac0n

18/12/17
West Coast, USA
Swap it for the VR 3135, this is much improved, has the same dimensions as the SA, and you dont have to change any parts. With the eta movement , Dial and Hands will not fit anymore, and you need a spacer ring to make it fit ( if the stem height would fit, not sure). You can get the VR 3135 here on RWI, is a singapore seller, I got mine from him, fast shipping and good price (155USD) he is trustworthy.

Just saw this! I’ll have to try that out instead. Seems like an ideal fix given I won’t have to source a new dial, hands, etc. thanks!

Ex-ki

I'm Pretty Popular
8/9/12
France

Confirmed. Better option to swap your SH3135 for a VR3135. The 2824 swap would be a lot more complicated route.

Reactions: Pablochac0n

Briteling

Known Member
28/1/19
Amsterdam
The most common issue is the two part intermediate wheel that is half under and half above a plate from the keyless towards the cannon, it can snap in two, or it can lose teeth. This is a very weak part on most of these movements. The VR is absolutely much improved and should it break, it takes a lot of gen parts, not all as I have experienced twive, but I was able to mod it to where it would work.

At the moment they are quite cheap on alix. Don't gamble with the cheapest, but the seller that has the artificial green grass as background sells the VR movements for around 130 bucks.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pablochac0n

bfiuza

23/3/15
I've been searching around the forum and have come to the conclusion that I need a new movement, specifically a 2824-2 movement swap. However, before sourcing the movement and watch-smith, I wanted to ask the community to make sure I am taking the proper steps. Essentially I have pretty new ARF V3 Sub with the SH3135 movement. The movement winds (auto/manual) and the hands are adjustable (crown position 3), however, quickset date function does not work and the hands do not move. I have not found a thread with the same (exact) problem, but the general consensus with similar SH3135 issues is to just swap out the movement. Any and all thoughts appreciated. Cheers.
If you interest i buy the pallet fork and balance from your sh3135.
Maybe the full calibre if interest you.

Enviado de meu SM-G975F usando o Tapatalk

Pablochac0n

18/12/17
West Coast, USA
The most common issue is the two part intermediate wheel that is half under and half above a plate from the keyless towards the cannon, it can snap in two, or it can lose teeth. This is a very weak part on most of these movements. The VR is absolutely much improved and should it break, it takes a lot of gen parts, not all as I have experienced twive, but I was able to mod it to where it would work.

At the moment they are quite cheap on alix. Don't gamble with the cheapest, but the seller that has the artificial green grass as background sells the VR movements for around 130 bucks.

I appreciate it, went ahead and ordered it a few days ago. Let’s hope it works out.