• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Kif Spring On Balance Side of VR 3135

jumpope

Supporter
Certified
3/12/09
Nashville, USA
I have a great running VR3185 that I just serviced and am convinced that it will never be usable again because I let the Kif spring on the balance side slip out. Dial side was no problem. I have tried for more than 6 hours (not all in a stretch) to put it back and am certain that I cannot do it. I get it in the slot on the fitting and push back but it just will not stay in. Are there any tips for this. And which Kif Elastor spring is it? I am down to my last spring and need to order more.

Thanks for any advice.

Digital.

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
25/7/15
It sounds like you have the correct method. Assuming the jewel is the correct way up it’s just going to be down preserving. Sometimes it’s best to take a break, sleep on it and come back with a clear head.

jumpope

Supporter
Certified
3/12/09
Nashville, USA
Thanks, Red, for your suggestion. Oh, I have taken many breaks, but I come back and it's the same thing. I position the spring in the fitting with the upper cap and jewel in place. With my tweezers I push it back into the slots but it just will not seem to lock in. On WatchYouSeek, in the watchmaking section, it seems that many have had my experience. Hours and frustration and then you try one more time and voila, success. I just wonder when it will come.