• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

3035 Movement Holder 3d print file

sickopsycho

15/6/19
NC, USA
Hey fellow watch enthusiasts! I was looking for a 3d printable movement holder for my new vr3135 and was unable to find one. So, I went out and ordered a Horotec, then used Fusion360 to create a 3d printable version inspired by it. It's not quite done, I'm still working on it and must print it out to make sure that it fits properly, but I went at it with a pair of digital calipers so it should be completely effective. Not sure how many folks here have printers- but if you do, you can print as many as you like! Thought I'd just share for the next guy. =) Here it is, I should have it completed tomorrow afternoon.
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4297401

edit: got the bottom side completed- I have not printed it to test yet, but it should be good. I'll get it printed tomorrow and test it out.

Last edited:

Hazing

And So It Begins... Again
9/5/19
Keep us updated. I have access to all the printers on campus and can print up whatever. I’d love to try this.

Reactions: saucin

sickopsycho

15/6/19
NC, USA
Of course! I just fired the print off a moment ago. Only takes an hour and 10 minutes printed at "detail" or 0.10mm layer height. I'll post some pics this afternoon when I get back and check it out.
Meant to mention- the Horotec movement holder isn't expensive... I paid $24 for it, I think, and it's worth every penny. My inspiration behind this was the fact that I needed one and I didn't want to have to wait for it to get in. I have an adjustable, but it's not my favorite. I'll report back with pics in a few hours!

sickopsycho

15/6/19
NC, USA
Ok I got it printed. I need to tweak my print settings, this one was just a draft with some PLA I had loaded already. I have some Sunlu PLA+ in a matte black that prints really well, I'll retry it in that. There are a few tweaks I'd like to do to the model to place the access recessions in the correct locations- but it's really close, and likely fully functional. I also want to increase the size of the ring on one side, but I'll wait until I can give it a shot. I don't have a movement out of a watch to test it with until I get my new ZZF V2 in from Li.
Anyway- I just thought it would be nice to have a few of these- plus the price to print one of these can't be more than about 20 cents of filament, lol. I printed with supports on build surface only and it only ended up supporting the recessed walls, not the large underside. It should be fine the way it is, but if you wanted it to look cleaner, generate a support enforcer (or your slicers equivalent) under the middle of the model. My printer bridged it just fine, but it drooped just enough so that the next layer did not leanly adhere to the first. I also printed in 0.10mm layer height, which only took an hour and 10 minutes. I would suggest the fine resolution due to the support pin in the center of the model, but it would probably work on 0.15mm or even 0.20mm.
I'd be happy to provide the .f3d file if anyone wants to work on it further.

Reactions: MikeMeezy77