• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

3185 issues. Looking for some help.

Longwood

6/11/17
Florida
Hello, i have a 3185 that i had custom built. I'm not getting into who, or any names.. He has been helpful, and is fine. Anyway's i bought the movement to build a rose gold GMT, had it built and when i got it, it was running fast and than stopped. sent it back and found balance wheel staff broken and rotor has popped off back.. I'm thinking shipping. He fixes movement and sends back i install it back in my noob v8 gmt case i had for sale and was going make a BLNR. the watch started to behave oddly and running fast again so i proceeded to sell the case and kept movement to figure out later on.

I picked up a V73135 case for a sub and thought it was the same stem height between them ( Turns out its not) So when i had it installed it had to much pressure on stem and stripped the time setting gear on the stem. how ever when he looked at movement he found a bent balance wheel again (Odd)

He repaired movement and send parts back separately as the case would not hold movement. I found the difference was .4mm, so i took the case and had it milled .4MM on the movement side to allow the stem to align with the 3135 case. I put the watch back together and now its running very odd. So the movement has been through a'lot at this point.

It actually keeps the SECOND hand at fine timing. Its running -12.4 beat error of .2ms and amp of 303*. How ever the MINUTE hand is running fast.

Check the below photos vs time stamp
VwWbnT.png

VwWWde.png

Between the two photos the second hand was still in sync with phone watch app how ever the minute hand has advanced to fast.

I hate to keep bothering the builder, what can cause this? what can i do? What am i doing wrong?

Last edited: