• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Gen date indicator seating problems with sh3135

Spiral_Cabbage

12/2/18
Conus
I recently purchased a gen date indicator seating and Gen Date jumper to be able to use a gen date wheel. It installed just fine, however, when the date corrector goes to engage the teeth of the date wheel, the date corrector looks to sit too low. The date finger does not move the DW either.
I tried the date indicator seating on two different movements and the same thing.

Any thoughts?

VMPo6Q.jpg

VMP92A.jpg

VMPfSf.jpg

VMPNQX.jpg

nonox

30/3/12
I did exactly the same installation a short time ago and the date corector engaged the dw perfectly. for your problem I imagine two possibilities:

the corrector date is not properly installed in its location

the date indicator seating is too thick which raises the dw

When I made this modification , I ordered a date jumper on eBay and found that it was thicker than the stock sh3135. I ordered another from another seller and everything was perfect same thickness than stock sh3135.
It does not really answer your question but can be a trail to explore

Hope this can help a little

Spiral_Cabbage

12/2/18
Conus
Thanks for the info.
Pretty sure that the corrector was installed fine.
It seems that the indicator seating is too thick.

A little frustrating :/

Spiral_Cabbage

12/2/18
Conus
There should be a brass spring/washer under the correct. Is it there?

I didn't even know these existed :/ I just found one, however, it made no difference.

Is this the washer?

VkUfOK.jpg

Even with the washer, it is still really high and does not engage.
VkUo1L.jpg

Spiral_Cabbage

12/2/18
Conus
Here is the gen DW working well on the sh seating with the top jewel removed.

VkLAx3.jpg

Do these jewels look too high on this gen seating? Could these be holding the DW too high and not allowing the Date corrector to engage?
VkLmX8.jpg

VkOuF2.jpg

VkOVub.jpg

ssouthall6

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/10/13
I have a spare I can sell you if need be, through the correct sales channels obviously. I bought one a while ago and didn't need it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk