• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

3135 Movement Comparison (Gen/SA/SH/VR)

Tickleshoes

Renowned Member
Supporter
19/8/15
45th Parallel
Thanks Tickleshoes. If only we could get the spare parts for these failing SA3135. I guess this is approx 2 years old now. Was it just an early batch I wonder that suffered? Are the later more current SA any better?

Are you seeing this same issue on the SH or VR versions?

PS. Great work with starting this thread, very informative. :thanks:

Kind regards
N

I think all SAs suffer the same fate. It's a lack of quality materials. The metals are very soft and just wear out quickly. SH are better. VR to me are better still. Finishing is improved. SH4130 are the best. seriously impressive fit, finish, and material quality.

Reactions: museguy and cpd2186

Kingsman

Renowned Member
24/11/15
Savile Row
Guys I found a VR3135 listing on the Bay claiming an updated ratchet wheel: ebay.to/2IA6um7

Is that a "factory" update, and is it any important in the functionality of the movement?thrillofhunt

Dissemination

Renowned Member
15/6/19
San Jose, CA
Guilty of basically double posting, but I think this thread is probably more likely to get an accurate answer.

Does anyone know if the current Noob 116622 Yachmasters come with the VR3135/AS3135 as compared to the previous lower quality SA3135? I've read many different things.

Thanks Guys.

museguy

19/10/12
First things first, I was impressed that the VRF Max case is machined so that the movement can be mounted using just screws. This is the same as a gen watch. The movement is inserted and turned and then the screws are loosened so that the press against the inside of the case and hold the movement. normally they just use tabs/screws to hold it down.
Hebcd.jpg

I found this video to better understand "The movement is inserted and turned and then the screws are loosened so that the press against the inside of the case and hold the movement. normally they just use tabs/screws to hold it down." 0:36 to 0:47
I think there is some confusion about naming of movements.
Try to clear out, please everybody correct me if I'm wrong.

SH 3135 is the old 3135 clone, also known as YUKI before it was engraved and installed in JF watches
SA 3135 was the shitty clone installed in Noob watches, with no spares available and almost nothing of the gen parts mount on it.
VR 3135 is the new 3135 first installed in VR watches and now looks like they are also installed in Noob watches with name NEW SA 3135.

The movement you highlighted is a VR, that doesn't have the pin, BUT the SH have it.

Dear Tickleshoes

Thank you for putting together the excellent comparison of the genuine 3135, SA3135, SH3135 and VR3135. I hope you don't mind if I ask to confirm my understanding;

To try to summarize;
1. VR3135 is considered the most reliable of the 3135 replica movements
2. The VR3135 was developed by ZZF (formerly called VRF) and is used in the ZZF V2 and now in Noob V10 116610LN watches
3. TD's refer to the VR3135 as the NEW SA3135 as in the ZZF V2 and Noob V10
4. ARF V3 116610LN uses the SH3135
5. The ZZF 116610LN "case is machined so that the movement can be mounted using just screws. The movement is inserted and turned and then the screws are loosened so that the press against the inside of the case and hold the movement."
6. This "inserted and turned" case construction is not used in the Noob V10 case​

Thank you for your patience and guidance ! Cheers

Last edited:
Reactions: sfbatman787

Rubberman

Forever young
Patron
Certified
9/12/17
Dear Tickleshoes

Thank you for putting together the excellent comparison of the genuine 3135, SA3135, SH3135 and VR3135. I hope you don't mind if I ask to confirm my understanding;

To try to summarize;

2. The VR3135 was developed by ZZF (formerly called VRF) and is used in the ZZF V2 and now in Noob V10 116610LN watches
5. The ZZF 116610LN "case is machined so that the movement can be mounted using just screws. The movement is inserted and turned and then the screws are loosened so that the press against the inside of the case and hold the movement."
6. This "inserted and turned" case construction is not used in the Noob V10 case​

Thank you for your patience and guidance ! Cheers

Obviously I’m not the person you tag but I still need to correct you on some of it..
2. No, VR is still VR, ZZ is just another small new maker that uses The same movement that we first saw in a VR’s Sub.
(By the way, makers don’t manufacture their own movements. They get from real movement factory and put in their watches. Though some makers have exclusive access to certain movement, like Noob for their Daytona and 3K for their Pateks.)
3. Dealers just like to generalised a Chinese clone movement as SA3xxx. And Noob is back using their subpar SA3135 again. At this moment VR3135 is bundled in Subs from VR and ZZ’s.
4. AR uses SH3135, this also true for JF.
6. Correct.

Sorry I dunno about the rest.
Cheers

museguy

19/10/12
Questions:
6. This "inserted and turned" case construction is not used in the Noob V10 case

Obviously I’m not the person you tag but I still need to correct you on some of it..
2. No, VR is still VR, ZZ is just another small new maker that uses The same movement that we first saw in a VR’s Sub.
(By the way, makers don’t manufacture their own movements. They get from real movement factory and put in their watches. Though some makers have exclusive access to certain movement, like Noob for their Daytona and 3K for their Pateks.)
3. Dealers just like to generalised a Chinese clone movement as SA3xxx. And Noob is back using their subpar SA3135 again. At this moment VR3135 is bundled in Subs from VR and ZZ’s.
4. AR uses SH3135, this also true for JF.
6. Correct.

Sorry I dunno about the rest.
Cheers

Dear Rubberman

Thank you for the reply ! Very much appreciated.
2. I was not aware of the VR Factory 116610LN
3. If I want the VR3135 in a 116610LN the options are only VR or ZZF
4. ARF and JF use the SH3135 movement
6. If I want the "inserted and turned" case construction ZZF is the only option​

Cheers

Reactions: markwatch2011

Rubberman

Forever young
Patron
Certified
9/12/17
I just checked, VR and ZZ both have their Subs with Gen-style construction to hold movement in place, i.e. slot it under from the cut out notch, and loosen screw to tighten, instead of movement tabs.

The cut out notch highlighted in GREEN.
CCHkc.png

CCKVX.png

​​​​​​This is ​not true for current Noob (except discontinued V6S) and AR. Not sure about other factories though.
​​​​​​
Cheers.

Last edited:
Reactions: museguy

kavorca1

cosa nostra for life.
Supporter
12/5/20
SoCal
So it's your opinion to stick with Swiss movement if offered by the TD?

Tickleshoes

Renowned Member
Supporter
19/8/15
45th Parallel
So it's your opinion to stick with Swiss movement if offered by the TD?

Again, it depends on what your goals are. If you just want a reliable movement, get a Swiss eta. If you want to be able to use gen hands/dial/datewheel, then you’re better off with a rep 3135.

Reactions: XLR8R

kavorca1

cosa nostra for life.
Supporter
12/5/20
SoCal
Thx . Honestly I'm extremely new at this and I'm sticking to ootb reps for now. I know the Swiss movement watches are a lil more expensive but if they will last longer without modding then ill pay the difference. Thx again for info.