• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

3135 Movement Comparison (Gen/SA/SH/VR)

yesme

Horology Curious
31/1/16
San Francisco, CA
@Tickleshoes, thank you for your awesome review!

I recently bought a 3135. I think it's an SH/VR version instead of a SA one, and I spotted another difference in detail besides the golden regulator. On the SH/VR version 3135, there's no pinhole on the highlighted place - as the attachment shows. Interestingly, the GEN 3135 has this hole.

Hope that helps!

ginopino

I'm Pretty Popular
7/11/16
I think there is some confusion about naming of movements.
Try to clear out, please everybody correct me if I'm wrong.

SH 3135 is the old 3135 clone, also known as YUKI before it was engraved and installed in JF watches
SA 3135 was the shitty clone installed in Noob watches, with no spares available and almost nothing of the gen parts mount on it.
VR 3135 is the new 3135 first installed in VR watches and now looks like they are also installed in Noob watches with name NEW SA 3135.

The movement you highlighted is a VR, that doesn't have the pin, BUT the SH have it.

d39918

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
25/5/16
Are you sure those VR are installed in the new Noobs?

Can anyone else confirm this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tickleshoes

Renowned Member
Supporter
19/8/15
45th Parallel
I think there is some confusion about naming of movements.
Try to clear out, please everybody correct me if I'm wrong.

SH 3135 is the old 3135 clone, also known as YUKI before it was engraved and installed in JF watches
SA 3135 was the shitty clone installed in Noob watches, with no spares available and almost nothing of the gen parts mount on it.
VR 3135 is the new 3135 first installed in VR watches and now looks like they are also installed in Noob watches with name NEW SA 3135.

The movement you highlighted is a VR, that doesn't have the pin, BUT the SH have it.

spot on.

Myatt

23/9/17
ginopino link to the VR/AS news below
https://forum.replica-watch.info/forum/rolex-tudor-replicas/7861959-hot-news-sa3135-is-dead

I did get one 'engraved' VR3135 from Asmodeus see https://forum.replica-watch.info/fo...192117-vr-as3135-movements-new-engraved-batch

I don't know if he has any more available - but I'm holding onto mine for a build :) Anyone wanting one PM to Asmodeus Mine arrived in a jiffy from Greece to CONUS - no problems.

I also asked Angus and Ryan about the VR being now used by Noob - and Ryan actually confirmed to me that they are not - so not sure what is going on. Maybe I should pop open my recent acquisition which has stated SA and check out the finish, RW color and the BB. Will post pics here once I get the chance to do that.

Asmodeus

I'm Pretty Popular
17/4/15
V9 Noob subs used the VR/AS movement. V10 went back to the old-bad SA3135.

Reactions: k4jun

mega12

I'm Pretty Popular
17/10/17
Very good review. Many thanks!

I recently acquired a VR and SH v2.
I’m no professional if it comes to movements, but the VR seems to work more reliable out of the box. Changed date disc without any issues, winding is no problem, power reserve goes quite good while I’m facing manual winding issues on SH v2 as well as low power reserve...
Both had no service so far

jirages

Horology Curious
3/6/19
Hello, I just got the ARF DSSD d-blue V2 with the sh3135 inside. The date wheel is totally misaligned. I just purchased a VR3135 from Asmodeus

Could we swap the sh3135 movement from the Arf DSSD with the VR3135 ?

Thank you very much

mega12

I'm Pretty Popular
17/10/17
Hello, I just got the ARF DSSD d-blue V2 with the sh3135 inside. The date wheel is totally misaligned. I just purchased a VR3135 from Asmodeus

Could we swap the sh3135 movement from the Arf DSSD with the VR3135 ?

Thank you very much

Direct swap of movements shouldn’t be an issue as far as I know

jirages

Horology Curious
3/6/19

Hello, I am facing manual winding issues on SH v2 as well, it has been a week I have the watch

So I thought best maybe to swap the SH with a VR and change the date wheel to gen
did you include any parts on the VR to changing the date wheel ? or is it just a disc replacement ?
sorry for my newbie questions

Reactions: theclaw25

mega12

I'm Pretty Popular
17/10/17
Hello, I am facing manual winding issues on SH v2 as well, it has been a week I have the watch

So I thought best maybe to swap the SH with a VR and change the date wheel to gen
did you include any parts on the VR to changing the date wheel ? or is it just a disc replacement ?
sorry for my newbie questions

No problem. Yeah, seems like the automatic module of SH is not that good. I prefer the VR as well. Date disc was an easy swap. No parts needed, no sanding needed. I thought about purchasing a gen automatic module for the sh, but in fact a complete VR movement is cheaper than this. Lol

Reactions: Nur-Uhr

grandphuba

8/4/18

Does this go for a gen movement?

On another note, since these are "clone movements", is my understanding right that crown functions, winding, time setting direction is the same as gen? (I know, noob question, but couldn't search for an explicit answer)

ginopino

I'm Pretty Popular
7/11/16
Does this go for a gen movement?

On another note, since these are "clone movements", is my understanding right that crown functions, winding, time setting direction is the same as gen? (I know, noob question, but couldn't search for an explicit answer)

Yes and Yes.

Reactions: grandphuba

Myatt

23/9/17
ginopino link to the VR/AS news below
https://forum.replica-watch.info/forum/rolex-tudor-replicas/7861959-hot-news-sa3135-is-dead

I did get one 'engraved' VR3135 from Asmodeus see https://forum.replica-watch.info/fo...192117-vr-as3135-movements-new-engraved-batch

I don't know if he has any more available - but I'm holding onto mine for a build :) Anyone wanting one PM to Asmodeus Mine arrived in a jiffy from Greece to CONUS - no problems.

I also asked Angus and Ryan about the VR being now used by Noob - and Ryan actually confirmed to me that they are not - so not sure what is going on. Maybe I should pop open my recent acquisition which has stated SA and check out the finish, RW color and the BB. Will post pics here once I get the chance to do that.

WTH, why would they want to do that! It's a step back, isn't it?

Kingsman

Renowned Member
24/11/15
Savile Row
Tickleshoes what would then be in your opinion the best mix of the 3 worlds in order to have reliability and keep the cost reasonable?
I've also seen red1 experimenting with a GEN balance spring on occb2 thread (Does the gen balance bridge fit the VR? I remember the SH was a mismatch.)

My understanding so far is:
VR base
SH mainspring, ratchet wheel, back plate (or jeweling the VR)
GEN clickspring, palet fork, datewheel

I know my wording is - ehm - untechnical, but is there any other lineup that y'all watch engineers would suggest for a strong hybrid that would not be (very) jealous of the GEN counterpart?

Thanks a lot and I hope I'm not asking too stupid of questions. ;)

Reactions: museguy

jumpope

Supporter
Certified
3/12/09
Nashville, USA
There are movements on eBay that seem to be the VR movement...i.e. metal date change finger, teflon coated revering wheels, KIF springs, better finishing. I have one incoming next week. Hope it is right and not a scam for one of the older models. I have had three of the Yuki movements and only one was good...but it is really good.

Reactions: mega12

Kingsman

Renowned Member
24/11/15
Savile Row
jumpope I've been looking but I've only found SH stated ones, I don't know if that's allowed but I'm sure if you shared the vendors or some pictures the experts would be able to tell if they are the VR version.

jumpope

Supporter
Certified
3/12/09
Nashville, USA
jumpope I've been looking but I've only found SH stated ones, I don't know if that's allowed but I'm sure if you shared the vendors or some pictures the experts would be able to tell if they are the VR version.

Ther are several. Just need to look at the tells, as that’s all we have to go on. They are not called VR. As I said...metal finger, blue hairspring, KIF shock springs, and generally better looking movement.