• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

3135 Movement Comparison (Gen/SA/SH/VR)

Cr7juv

I'm Pretty Popular
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
23/9/18
what do you mean?
Everytime I read something here, people use to say: the factories go one step forward and six steps backwards, now I understand what they meant. Even a GEN calendar plate setting (600) didnt sit well on v2. It did in one of them but failed on the other. Just because it works with one rep movement doesnt mean it will with the others. Unlike GEN precision parts , reps come differently every badges. Well, that's what I heard from my watchmaker, and it makes sense as we rarely see few 116610LN ARF 3135 with GEN datewheel here as mostly the end up breaking one or more of the calender plate studs.

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

Reactions: theclaw25

Cr7juv

I'm Pretty Popular
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
23/9/18
but i don't think that someone actually open a V2 movement
Even a failed experiment is still a successful experiment for the next experiment.

I am sure alot of people have. Well, at least once.

slashdotcom1

Renowned Member
16/11/18
Even a failed experiment is still a successful experiment for the next experiment.

I am sure alot of people have. Well, at least once.

Mate, i think you are talking about SH3135 and not SH3135V2, can you show me a link to thread?

Tickleshoes

Renowned Member
Supporter
19/8/15
45th Parallel
Curious to see the VR pics, don’t show on Tapatalk unfortunately.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah unfortunately I haven’t found a way to fix them and I can’t retype it all on Tapa to fix it. Just gotta use desktop. Sorry.

Tickleshoes

Renowned Member
Supporter
19/8/15
45th Parallel
Mate could you show us novices the date jump spring and the bend if its not to much trouble :)

Sorry for the delay. Here is the spring

8042d200a5d8c76ecc6c3af02784eb4d.jpg

It puts pressure on that cam with the jewel in the upper left. The issue is that on gen and this VR the spring is rather weak. On gen it’s Ok because the finish and tolerances are so good there is very little friction. Not so much on the rep. So you have to make the spring “stronger.”

5200ef87285b23b1c082b949d3549e8e.jpg

Take it out, bend it a little as shown above to make it angled more and that adds more pressure to the system. Date should flips much better. Not sure now long term a solution that is so YMMV but it works for me.

Tickleshoes

Renowned Member
Supporter
19/8/15
45th Parallel
Does the finising hugely affect the performance of a component or is it only a matter of look?

You’d think it’s just aesthetics but the gear train uses thicker wheels so I suspect they will run truer and rounder for longer. Teeth won’t wear out as quickly. Seems to be some benefit to performance.

Reactions: mp1mancini

majwilliams0308

Reptime Mod
Patron
Certified
11/7/16
Has anyone been able to order the VR3135 separate from the watch yet?

FizzikalJ

You're Saying I Can Sell?
18/2/19
loved this breakdown. Im still learning and this helps tremendously

Barto911

5/4/18
Hi, i have an « v2 sh » and open it, its the same , they just changed the date disc so no works on the movement itself

Envoyé de mon iPad en utilisant RWI

mikmed

11/11/12
Perfect job as usual. Thanks a lot for this fantastic comparasion.

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

alfonzo

25/7/19
This is a great thread and thanks for the great work. I learned a great deal form this read and will help me in my future endeavors. I can see where Smoke was coming from and these tiny things can become an obsession. It is a good thing places like this exist or who would understand?

Thanks again!