• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Vr3135 tear down and cleaned.

John Sterling

You're Saying I Can Sell?
6/1/17
Fantastic thread, great learning about this movement. I recently purchased what looks like a SH3135 but due to my lack of experience not only did a snap the second wheel while trying to fit second hand I lost the escape wheel!!! Will a genuine Rolex replace this escape wheel? Help appreciated

bill33

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
12/5/12
UK
Fantastic thread, great learning about this movement. I recently purchased what looks like a SH3135 but due to my lack of experience not only did a snap the second wheel while trying to fit second hand I lost the escape wheel!!! Will a genuine Rolex replace this escape wheel? Help appreciated

How did you manage to loose an escape wheel fitting a seconds hand?

Reactions: Oascom and ginopino

occb2

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
10/6/14

This is impossible unless you took off the train bridge and or removed the balance. Pressing a or fitting a seconds hand would not effect any of the wheels but the 2nd wheel by bending the pinion that sticks up that you press the seconds hand on. Now if you attempted to replace it and removed the train wheel bridge then yes you can loose the escape wheel.

John Sterling

6/1/17
This is exactly what I did. Trying to fit second hand I bent the pinion. During replacing second wheel I some how allowed escape wheel to somehow....escape!
Anyone know if a genuine will work??

mew

18/12/15
Germany
I'm considering changing my SH3135 to a VR3135, but I'm not sure if they are both held in place by movement tabs? If so, I guess it's a straight forward process.

Also thanks a lot for the detailed write up! For someone getting into modding, this is super interesting and helpful.

sickopsycho

15/6/19
NC, USA
My date doesn't flip on my VRF. I am hoping it is just a fluke.

I hope you just got the short end of the stick, Rob. My VR3185 flips just fine. Or possibly it relies on some dirt in there and it won't work after I clean it? :D Anywho- I hope it was just a fluke and that your TD will replace the parts for you, at least so you have them.

occb2

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
10/6/14
I hope you just got the short end of the stick, Rob. My VR3185 flips just fine. Or possibly it relies on some dirt in there and it won't work after I clean it? :D Anywho- I hope it was just a fluke and that your TD will replace the parts for you, at least so you have them.

Hey brother. That was when the VR3135 came out. I fixed it by replacing the date finger and jumper. I have had zero issues with the GMT VR date besides the spring skipping hours. Just got the Batman today and the VR in this seems nice. No slipping. Ill see if the GMT hand goes off. I set it with the 24 date to coincide with my hour hand so right now its almost midnight so the hands should all be lined up. Now at 12 tomorrow the GMT hand should be at the 6 o'clock position where the bezel reads 12. Im looking forward to seeing it.

sickopsycho

15/6/19
NC, USA
No slipping.

Ok, good to know. I knew this was a slightly older thread, guess it was an earlier 3135- look forward to hearing your results, I haven't even given mine a full wind yet as I'm waiting to open it up and clean it first. =)

Ted3317

19/9/19
Thailand
This is may be stupid question. Besides service vr3135 anything necessary part for vr3135?
sory for my language and gramma.

tribal

Renowned Member
27/3/06
Germany
Found this today. w(°o°)w
SH 3135 with gen Hairspring and Bridge.
e1ac3ca81f3e766fbab2410ec5414de5.jpg

Can't believe it!

Last edited:

Kingsman

Renowned Member
24/11/15
Savile Row
It makes sense that someone has found a way. And I assume some few in our community have as well.
But, well, this is the kind of information that will be better of kept silent, for obvious reasons. :rolleyes:

Ted3317

19/9/19
Thailand

Anyone can tell me what part I need ??
I lost a pin on middle I think it is secound pin