• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

SH3135 Essential Upgrades

theclaw25

Known Member
3/3/16
A small pair of pliers and rotate the stem counter clockwise. Yes a SH3135 can take a Rolex winding stem. An SH3135 can take mostly all real rolex parts minus balance. Understand that when you start to hybrid the SH3135 that not everything works perfectly and jewel hight differ sometimes. So if you plan on buying a part especially used, make sure the jewels are in good condition and there.

All in very good condition or brand new. Thank you occb2...!!!

Nettpurken

Known Member
20/1/17
If I undestand well, the VRF 3135 is the SH3135 V2, is it right?

No. But thanks for bringing this up as we also need more information about the VR3135 (wich is discussed on several threads) and how does it stand in comparison with the SH3135V2

Last edited:
Reactions: Surftime

occb2

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
10/6/14
If I undestand well, the VRF 3135 is the SH3135 V2, is it right?

No. While I have not taken it apart I can tell you that I have taken the back off and it looks like a serviced SH3135. It is cleaner and oiled well. The amp is around 265 which to me shows that it isn't dry like the regular ones. But the balance jewel is the regular one. I have not looked at the date finger or any other of the upgrades. I haven't put in a real date wheel yet so I can't tell you if the date wheel issues are handled. Give me a week. I have a few watches to do crystals and a few others.

occb2

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
10/6/14
I just spoke to a TD and I am ordering a VRF 116610LV to compare to a real 116610LV and I will look at the movement. Waiting to get a link to buy it. It might take a few weeks to get it and review it. Can't wait.

mayhemag

I'm Pretty Popular
29/6/17
I have the new arf 116610 3135 from about 1 month, and it works perfectly. The movement will be service by watchmaker in a short time, but in your opinion is really necessary to change the reversing wheels with gen?

Reactions: Basekomp

ginopino

I'm Pretty Popular
7/11/16
I have the new arf 116610 3135 from about 1 month, and it works perfectly. The movement will be service by watchmaker in a short time, but in your opinion is really necessary to change the reversing wheels with gen?

ALWAYS YES my friend! This is the most important change to do on this movement because is the first cause of damage :)

occb2

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
10/6/14
occb2, ado213 lpl Do these Essential Upgrades apply to SA3135 movements as well?

No the SA doesn't take a lot of real rolex parts. You can do the reversing wheels but not the whole bridge. The SA is a completely different non-rolex spec movement.

ado213

Renowned Member
27/4/12
UK
Oops almost forgot, the SH 3135 does take a gen pallet fork, there is a tad of tweeking to do, but it work and fits fine

Oascom

Watchmaker / Modder
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Patron
Certified
19/1/16
WWW.WATCHMAKERUSA.COM
Trying to figure my first Franken rolex, I watched few tutorials and stuff and for gen movement 3135 (I have sh3135) I unscrew crown and then first position is winding, second is for date and third for time.
winding works and time too but I cant change date on second position. Is that normal ? Or do I do something wrong or something is broken

please advise me guys.

thanks

androme

Tímêlëšš
Supporter
Certified
21/8/17
Brexit
I’ve found my PR to date to be meh even after 40-50 winds. Just wondering if buying parts 311 (barrel) and 315 (mainspring) would improve things a bit? Movement has all the gen parts I previously listed on page 1 including gen reversing wheels and is serviced & regulated etc.

occb2 ado213 thanks for any pointers!

occb2

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
10/6/14
I’ve found my PR to date to be meh even after 40-50 winds. Just wondering if buying parts 311 (barrel) and 315 (mainspring) would improve things a bit? Movement has all the gen parts I previously listed on page 1 including gen reversing wheels and is serviced & regulated etc.

occb2 ado213 thanks for any pointers!

Your PR starts with the winding process. Do you have real reversing wheels? If so then I would look into the main spring. You can get the main spring with the barrel and spring pre-installed. Easy replacement.

Reactions: androme

Surftime

Known Member
15/10/17
SEACOAST
Just a quick one: I have a sh3135 that has been running great but I am noticing the rotor is wobbling and hitting the case back. (I can also hear it tapping the case back when I wiggle it). It still runs fine +3s/24hrs. . .

So I have a Gen complete autowind assembly. Is it as simple a replacement? - 1. Remove rotor, 2. unscrew the autowind assembly 3. remove it while putting a little tension in the winding stem and finally 4. Reinstall the new one and rotor?

I love my rep and don’t want to screw it up.

Thanks in advance!

occb2

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
10/6/14
Just a quick one: I have a sh3135 that has been running great but I am noticing the rotor is wobbling and hitting the case back. (I can also hear it tapping the case back when I wiggle it). It still runs fine +3s/24hrs. . .

So I have a Gen complete autowind assembly. Is it as simple a replacement? - 1. Remove rotor, 2. unscrew the autowind assembly 3. remove it while putting a little tension in the winding stem and finally 4. Reinstall the new one and rotor?

I love my rep and don’t want to screw it up.

Thanks in advance!

Yes but you dont need to remove the rotor.

Reactions: Surftime

Cr7juv

I'm Pretty Popular
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
23/9/18
Trying to figure my first Franken rolex, I watched few tutorials and stuff and for gen movement 3135 (I have sh3135) I unscrew crown and then first position is winding, second is for date and third for time.
winding works and time too but I cant change date on second position. Is that normal ? Or do I do something wrong or something is broken

please advise me guys.

thanks
Well, it's a normal SH3135 issue. That I can say.

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk