• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

SH3135 Essential Upgrades

androme

Tímêlëšš
Supporter
Certified
21/8/17
Brexit
androme are you sure that for the wrong DW positioning on the SH we need to change the date finger spring and date correcting wheel? Because they simply manage the date change but the problem is the positioning.

Hey bud, I'm no expert but perhaps check out lpl 's post for better breakdown. Apologies I cannot go into more of a conversation with you. Perhaps people like occb2 might be able to better chip in.

Reactions: ginopino

lpl

Renowned Member
3/1/17
New Zealand
I think it's contingent based on the movement. Some watches require more than others. Its best to send it to someone you trust.

Alexsuh

19/5/17
Subscribed. I got a serviced yuki3135. I will replace all of them once the movement is broken. Thank you for sharing the info

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: androme

ginopino

I'm Pretty Popular
7/11/16
I think it's contingent based on the movement. Some watches require more than others. Its best to send it to someone you trust.

thanks for the answer lpl . My interest is only for the wrong date positioning... :)

ginopino

I'm Pretty Popular
7/11/16
I try ask to the yuki/sh experts here occb2, ado213, 2fake4u, misiekped if they can say something about the Datewheel centering on the JF.
I would like to know if the date is not centered due to a problem/wrong parts on the movement or maybe something related to the dial, maybe wrong feet fitment.
On my JF 16610 the date is too low positioned and would like to know what is the problem before trying to install the gen DW.

Thanks in advance guys!! :)

occb2

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
10/6/14
The JF or SH3135 main calendar plate is not the correct size. There are a few work arounds but I prefer to change the whole plate. The part number is 3135-600. That will solve your problem.

You can remove the ruby that attaches the date wheel. You can also sand the lip on the inside of the date wheel plate. Those are the two steps that will free it. Some people will sand the date wheel which is just crazy in my opinion.

There are a few things that I do for a 3135 rep when I am building it for myself of good customers. I have not had one return either.

On the old yuki the calendar plate was fine. On the SH they are too small for a real calendar wheel to move well. Also the SH and yuki have the issue of not change the date between certain hours.

This will fix it.

You need the calendar plate, the intermediate date gear, the correcting spring and the correcting gear. I like opening up the winding bridge and changing the large crown gear too. Then I also change the two winding gears. I know it is a little expense but it will make the wind feel as real as possible because all the winding parts are real. I of course also changed the whole auto winding gears and bridge and oscillating weight. This has made all the 3135 work amazing. I did have one issue with my person Yuki once because the power reserve was crap. It ending up being the main spring and I popped in a real one and solved the issue.

Now those are the essential upgrades for the calendar and winding. You still need a great cleaning and PROPER oiling. I have seen movements done by members here where they are soaked in oil. When it coms too oiling a movement the less the better. You dont want too see the oil at the end of the tip of the oiler. If you can see it take a piece of roddico and remove the extra.

Now each movement is different. Inspect each gear and pinions. On the old yuki most of them had terrible hand pinions. Lots were bent. So I would replace them. Couldn't stand too see real rolex hands not sitting flush or bumping into each other.

I hope this helps. The SH and Yuki are large improvements for us in the rep world. I look forward to getting my hands on a rep 3235 to learn it and see how close it is to real and putting on real parts. Our hobby is just getting funner by the day.

ginopino

I'm Pretty Popular
7/11/16
The JF or SH3135 main calendar plate is not the correct size. There are a few work arounds but I prefer to change the whole plate. The part number is 3135-600. That will solve your problem.

You can remove the ruby that attaches the date wheel. You can also sand the lip on the inside of the date wheel plate. Those are the two steps that will free it. Some people will sand the date wheel which is just crazy in my opinion.

There are a few things that I do for a 3135 rep when I am building it for myself of good customers. I have not had one return either.

On the old yuki the calendar plate was fine. On the SH they are too small for a real calendar wheel to move well. Also the SH and yuki have the issue of not change the date between certain hours.

This will fix it.

You need the calendar plate, the intermediate date gear, the correcting spring and the correcting gear. I like opening up the winding bridge and changing the large crown gear too. Then I also change the two winding gears. I know it is a little expense but it will make the wind feel as real as possible because all the winding parts are real. I of course also changed the whole auto winding gears and bridge and oscillating weight. This has made all the 3135 work amazing. I did have one issue with my person Yuki once because the power reserve was crap. It ending up being the main spring and I popped in a real one and solved the issue.

Now those are the essential upgrades for the calendar and winding. You still need a great cleaning and PROPER oiling. I have seen movements done by members here where they are soaked in oil. When it coms too oiling a movement the less the better. You dont want too see the oil at the end of the tip of the oiler. If you can see it take a piece of roddico and remove the extra.

Now each movement is different. Inspect each gear and pinions. On the old yuki most of them had terrible hand pinions. Lots were bent. So I would replace them. Couldn't stand too see real rolex hands not sitting flush or bumping into each other.

I hope this helps. The SH and Yuki are large improvements for us in the rep world. I look forward to getting my hands on a rep 3235 to learn it and see how close it is to real and putting on real parts. Our hobby is just getting funner by the day.

Thanks mate, of course a precious post!

My fear was exactly that there is the need to change the whole plate. I know that the gen DW will not fit without raising the two pin that hold the DW in place, but I can live with a mod like this.
What is terrible is the date not centered in the dial hole. You can put a gen DW but will be always terrible at my eyes.

Another question: is only my opinion that this problem was not present on first SH that we saw around? Looking at the very first JF 16610 release the date was perfectly centered if I remember well...

trendconcept

Renowned Member
13/6/16
androme Thank you for this great thread! It helps me with my date alignment problem. And of course a big thank you to all the experts. Dang, I'll have to buy all the parts for two watches (#bleedingwallet).

Last edited:

occb2

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
10/6/14
Thanks mate, of course a precious post!

My fear was exactly that there is the need to change the whole plate. I know that the gen DW will not fit without raising the two pin that hold the DW in place, but I can live with a mod like this.
What is terrible is the date not centered in the dial hole. You can put a gen DW but will be always terrible at my eyes.

Another question: is only my opinion that this problem was not present on first SH that we saw around? Looking at the very first JF 16610 release the date was perfectly centered if I remember well...

I have a few SH3135 date plates if you need one. I can send it too you and see if that one will take care of your alignment issue.

I would also check your alignment spring on the back of your date plate. They are cut to align and center the date wheel. If that is bent or not cut right it will throw off your alignment. I have never had any of my SH's after service where I couldn't get the date lined up, even if I used their plate.

ginopino

I'm Pretty Popular
7/11/16
I have a few SH3135 date plates if you need one. I can send it too you and see if that one will take care of your alignment issue.

I would also check your alignment spring on the back of your date plate. They are cut to align and center the date wheel. If that is bent or not cut right it will throw off your alignment. I have never had any of my SH's after service where I couldn't get the date lined up, even if I used their plate.

occb2 Really thanks for your support and kindness! I also thought about the alignment spring and after your words I will do a try changing this part with a gen one, and of course with the other parts for calendar change and lets see if problem will be solved in this way :) :)

Lorologio

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
8/12/15
UK- beast in the east
Excellent post and a wealth of knowledge here. I have the same problem and will try the alignment spring adjust first.
Don’t forget that some yuki have oversize hand pinions. I had to broach a gen. minute hand to fit.

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

androme

Tímêlëšš
Supporter
Certified
21/8/17
Brexit
androme Thank you for this great post! It helps me with my date alignment problem. And of course a big thank you to all the experts. Dang, I'll have to buy all the parts for two watches (#bleedingwallet).

No problem :) Tbh I haven't done much, occb2 has been the real star here for sharing his time and expertise and some additional help from lpl but thank you :)

Spatiumtemporis

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
7/8/16
Exactly my thoughs Lorologio . I also find it difficult to press gen hands on the sh movement so h/m/s wheels are a v good improvement.

Thanks androme for this thread. Very informative.

Sent from the RWI App

SplitFall

This member is doing hard time, they pissed off the goat.
INMATE
23/3/18
Will a gen stem fit the sh3135?

trendconcept

Renowned Member
13/6/16
Hi folks, I have to make again use of your expertise and especially your practical experience. I ordered several original parts for my SH3135. Among them is a pallet fork (3135-421). While waiting for my parts, I happened to read the following post on another forum today:

"The SH3135's chinese balance won't work with gen palet and vs versa. They are set up for different heights. I've gotten them to run, but not well and not for long. I've gotten everything else to convert out so all gen but mainplate, balance, palet and palet bridge and for some reason the cannon pinion bc the cannon pinion bridge has holes instead of the legs on the SH's."

These statements were made in April 2018 (https://rwg.cc/topic/192008-sh-3135-to-gen/?do=findComment&comment=1536310). Until now I thought that the interchangeability of the parts is less problematic than these statements would suggest.

Can one of the experts confirm or (I hope) deny these statements?

occb2 , ado213 , misiekped , Time bandit