• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

3135 Gen vs. Rep

theclaw25

Known Member
3/3/16
Ok, Simple question what rep is more reliable? Noob V7 with SA3135 or noob V7 with ETA2836? Who is the best or more reliable and close the gen??? What is the best movement for this replicas Clone 2836 or SA3135?? Which go more than one year? with a regular used, washing the hands, eat something, Grill something, sleep, clap your fuc*&^ boss, running with your dog, dance, fight. touch some as^%$. Etc......

I don’t see any consistency here on all this explanation. The 70% of the people come to this forum to read about which is the best and reliable rep sub at the moment and read the recommendations from the experts.
If you are a fever guy about how make a watch is different because maybe you want to become a watchmaker but these % of this future watchmakers are very minimum, the other one, me and you! just looking for the best recommendation to buy a rep and the more reliable a trusted dealer. That why I love ALEX7575.

And another discussion here is about if the SA3135 fix in Gen Rolex, Admin here are very clear about it, no matter what you do with your rep, your replica will be always a replica. Just found something reliable nice and very well made go crazy get it and enjoy it if you don't like the career of watchmaker.

mech500

Mythical Poster
6/4/12
UK
Ok, Simple question what rep is more reliable? Noob V7 with SA3135 or noob V7 with ETA2836? Who is the best or more reliable and close the gen??? What is the best movement for this replicas Clone 2836 or SA3135?? Which go more than one year? with a regular used, washing the hands

Think everyone will agree that ETA clone is much much more reliable than SA3135.

The debate is over just how BAD/UNRELIABLE the SA3135 is. Plenty of members have had SA3135s that broke down within a few days. It's hard to find parts for SA3135. ETA parts are dirt cheap and practically any watchmaker can service it. Some watchmakers wont touch SA3135/gen 3135.

SA3135 has correct hand/crown operation as per gen (turn crown clockwise to move hands clockwise)....ETA has incorrect crown/hand operation for Rolex.

Both watches have same construction - so water resistance has nothing to do with what movement is inside the watch.

zethunder

I'm Pretty Popular
9/8/16
Too bad that ETA case is not as good as the SA3135 case for the V7 Noob Sub...I wonder why Noob didn't use the same case. According to many posts from Smoke; CG and bezel is definitely better on 3135 case.....uggh...I really want to buy the 3135 for the looks of the overall watch but cannot justify risking a movement with life expectancy of "months".

I think submariner ND is the way to go for me :)

Ryes

You're Saying I Can Sell?
13/2/16
Are the latest clone 3135 movements the same layout of a gen 3135 or still only a cosmetic copy?

Hinclimincli

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
18/12/09
Are the latest clone 3135 movements the same layout of a gen 3135 or still only a cosmetic copy?

Same layout, as far as I know the 2836 dressed up as 3135s are a thing of the past (still good to be careful and ask here, in case you deal with non Tested Dealers or a second hand replica).

Ryes

You're Saying I Can Sell?
13/2/16
Same layout, as far as I know the 2836 dressed up as 3135s are a thing of the past (still good to be careful and ask here, in case you deal with non Tested Dealers or a second hand replica).
Thanks for the reply

D

d4m.test

Has any one got any side by side comparison pictures of a rep 3135 and gen 3135 ?

Sent from the RWI App

Omega

Known Member
8/5/09
Definitely 3135 to go. Buying ETA move rep is only for second rated replica. If you spend tons of money or franken. SA3135 rep movt is the way to go. Cos there is no need to chop off gen dial feet and can used gen hands. This is something ETA can't do. Imagine you buy a $500 gen dial and just becos you want the hassle of more Spare parts or ease of maintenance. You spoil your gen dial and chop off the dial feet to fit into ETA 2836. That is stupid.

I do a franken datejust. Gen casing fit with SA3135. Work faultlessly for 3 years and not only that the timing is superb, COSC timing. I passed my watch to my friend to handle. None of them can tell it's rep SA3135 movt inside. Unless they open the backcase the notice the regulator. In fact, I think SA3135 is better than real Rolex 3135 due to the ease of regulating.

You can't do that with a ETA, the moment your friend handle your watch and play with time setting. He will realize it's an ETA inside due to wrong hands direction in relate to crown.

If you want the best Rolex rep , SA3135 movement if money is not a concern. No doubt about that.