• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

SA3135 vs SH3135

D

d4m.test

Hi guys,

I have serviced my SA3135 and messed up the escape wheel on reassembly. It was most likely not properly aligned and so the pivot/axle at the top broke off. I have searched and read for a long time now and would like to get some input from you: Does the current SA3135 accept a gen escape wheel without modifications? If not, who had success with sourcing spare parts for these? I would like to replace it with a Yuki, but they seem to be out of stock again.
Oh man, this hobby is getting expensive :(

Reactions: canariasproducts

GWT#1

Renowned Member
1/4/12
Where the bluegrass sways!
Hi guys,

I have serviced my SA3135 and messed up the escape wheel on reassembly. It was most likely not properly aligned and so the pivot/axle at the top broke off. I have searched and read for a long time now and would like to get some input from you: Does the current SA3135 accept a gen escape wheel without modifications? If not, who had success with sourcing spare parts for these? I would like to replace it with a Yuki, but they seem to be out of stock again.
Oh man, this hobby is getting expensive :(
I am switching my sa out of my DSSD for a Yuki I will have spare parts if interested

Time87

Known Member
26/6/16
The movements have been around for years we just knew them as yuki.

Both movements are solid provided you get them serviced. The sa3135 got some bad press because noob, when they released the v6s sub and dssd, used a batch of old v1 sa3135's that had the weak stem issue. The v2's are better but suffer from shit quality driving and reversing wheels. This isn't unusual - if you looked carefully at an Asian 2836 vs a Swiss for example, the issues are the same. Poor materials used and poor QC. BUT contrary to popular belief you can replace them on the sa3135 with gen parts by grinding the jewel. You would need an extremely skilled modder to do this. What it essentially means is it isn't the time bomb everyone makes out and in fact can be serviced not chucked out and replaced. I have 3 and they are my best timekeepers.

All Asian movements are reasonably designed but poorly assembled. I would always recommend a service immediately regardless of movement. Get it tested to 5atm and away you go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi buddy,
what sort of servicing r u referring to for sa3135?
Just oiling or any specific servicing which i should tell the watchsmith?
i'm base in singapore and watchsmith generally isn't that well-verse.

kindly advise :)

mikeanh77

13/11/18
Asia
i think i must go for a noob v9s sub with either sa or sh3135 movement.
i never though the reverse time set of a2824 arf sub would be a problem until today.
One of my friends (rolex addict) want me to hand him my watch and i did.
After some close inspection he tell me beautiful watch, but then the magic problem came which i never thought gonna happen, he unscrew the crown and set the time, after that he silence for 10seconds and screw it back in and hand me the watch. I knew i’m totally fucked up since 3 of my friends were around.But he is a polite guy and he just keep it silence, but i know he knew.
Well arf 116610ln up for sale or trade with a noob then.

Reactions: Lotdem

Cr4sholo

Looking Around
8/9/16
Hi all,
I'm looking to buy a DJ 116234 ARF with SH3135 V2 from puretime. If I've understood well, I will need to do a service as soon as I have received It? Or later?
Another (maybe ​stupid) question: where can I do a service? There are some TD?

mydnytrydr

Mythical Poster
25/9/09
I've had an SA3135 in a Day Date I bought in 2010 and it keeps great time, the day and date change is right at 12:00am, and so far, I haven't had to service it, but when the time comes, I will.

digdown2001

DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
10/3/17
I’ve owned both movements, the SH was faulty the minute it arrived, I’m still working on it now. It came in a new ARF 116610LN. So, I took out my Noob V7 SA movement and kept the V7 dial on (as per smoke’s dial guide, a perfect dial to the 2016 gen), and finally have the sub I always wanted.....

RickC137

Horology Curious
25/10/18
digdown2001 Was that with the first SH3135, or the V2? I'm still torn on a Sub ARF SH3135V2 vs the A2824. Thanks!

digdown2001

DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
10/3/17
The add didn’t state V2, but it was a very recent purchase... The movements appear good, but the QC seems to be the issue. Mine could have been avoided by having the TD keep the watch over a 24 hr period to check all was good...

Thomaseta

You're Saying I Can Sell?
2/7/18
UK
Makes you wonder is it worth shelling out £400 3-4times when you can buy a oyster perpetual or omega that will last .

magic2

Known Member
20/2/15
Makes you wonder is it worth shelling out £400 3-4times when you can buy a oyster perpetual or omega that will last .

Especially with the SA3135 the problem is that you hardly get spare parts. That seems to be better with the SH3135. Nonetheless, the movement is more complicated than the normal ETA. Any watchmaker can repair this, but not the 3135, as they are of course rarer. In addition, the replacement of the ETA movement is not so expensive. Instead of a revision, for example, the whole movement could be replaced. Less time than a revision. Just my opinion...