• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

A2836 or Z2?

bossuk

You're Saying I Can Sell?
9/5/13
Hello,

Hoping someone might be able to help me out, Just trying to working out if the movement in my Breitling SOSF v2 is a A2836.2 or a Z2, I think it's a Z2 because of the location of the click on the ratchet wheel rather than the crown wheel. It's currently broke, no movement on the hands. I believe the Z2's are hard/impossible to repair so going to see if my watch smith can put a ETA 2836 or Seagull equivalent in it.

Dynaduck

Sales moderator
Advisor
6/4/11
I believe you're right. Click should be located on the crown wheel if it's a 2836.

Raddave

Most Delicious of all Nipples!
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11

Rx4Time

Supporter, Panerai lover
Supporter
Certified
31/3/16
CONUS
Hello,

Hoping someone might be able to help me out, Just trying to working out if the movement in my Breitling SOSF v2 is a A2836.2 or a Z2, I think it's a Z2 because of the location of the click on the ratchet wheel rather than the crown wheel. It's currently broke, no movement on the hands. I believe the Z2's are hard/impossible to repair so going to see if my watch smith can put a ETA 2836 or Seagull equivalent in it.

The swap can be done. I did it to mine. ETA 2836 or SW220 are a direct swap except for the date wheel. just use the stock datewheel on the new movement and you'll be fine.

Reactions: Pickledbeetroot

bossuk

You're Saying I Can Sell?
9/5/13
Thanks, that's really useful info. It's in with my watch smith at the to see if he can fix it and if not i'll go down the ETA route.