• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New A2824 stopped working

Yankindeez

21/3/19
USA
Just got a new watch with an A2824 that I only wore a couple times and upon putting it on this morning I noticed the second hand wasn't sweeping. I tried to wind the watch, adjust the time, etc. And nothing could get the second hand to move..

Any idea what could have caused this or how I could fix it?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

capice

I'm Pretty Popular
12/12/07
hand is loose on the pinion or geartrain problem...don't wind it anymore to prevent further damage

Dynaduck

Sales moderator
Advisor
6/4/11
Could be many things. A movement holder screw coming loose and jamming the balance wheel etc. Open it up and have a look if there's something obvious causing it to stop.

Dynaduck

Sales moderator
Advisor
6/4/11
Oh, maybe I misunderstood. The watch runs fine (timewise) but only the seconds hand is the problem?

Yankindeez

21/3/19
USA
Could be many things. A movement holder screw coming loose and jamming the balance wheel etc. Open it up and have a look if there's something obvious causing it to stop.
Tried opening it up.. Can't. I fucking hate pop case backs. I ordered some different case back openers to see if I can pop it open as I can't get the 2 I have under it at all and there's also no visible slot.

Also no the watch isn't keeping time at all, nothing is moving. The minute hand moves if I adjust it but that's it. I put the watch to my ear to see if I can hear the movement running and it's completely silent

Dynaduck

Sales moderator
Advisor
6/4/11
Tried opening it up.. Can't. I fucking hate pop case backs. I ordered some different case back openers to see if I can pop it open as I can't get the 2 I have under it at all and there's also no visible slot.

Also no the watch isn't keeping time at all, nothing is moving. The minute hand moves if I adjust it but that's it. I put the watch to my ear to see if I can hear the movement running and it's completely silent

What kind of watch is it? (or well, model...)

Last edited:

Yankindeez

21/3/19
USA
Ok. Not the ZF Black bay I thought then.
Here's a pic.
d62d4e5cc9a57e60e65d4c67b59690bd.jpg

Dynaduck

Sales moderator
Advisor
6/4/11
Yep, that's a screw-on caseback. If you don't have the tool, try with a sticky ball if you can get one, or you could even try with a rolled up ball of duct tape (sticky side out) and try to unscrew it.

Yankindeez

21/3/19
USA
Yep, that's a screw-on caseback. If you don't have the tool, try with a sticky ball if you can get one, or you could even try with a rolled up ball of duct tape (sticky side out) and try to unscrew it.
Oh really? I'm dumb.. I've always known screw in case backs to have slots to put the case back opener in. Guess I'll order a sticky ball since I don't think I can open this without scratching it with my case back opener