• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Help, want to replace A2836 with Omga cal. 565

MassMass

You're Saying I Can Sell?
1/9/16
Hi
I have a Seamaster 300 (https://www.intime04.co/omega/1188-omega-vintage-seamaster-300-date-ss-me-blk-a-2836.html) that I have given a vintage makeover. In order to take it to the next level I would like to replace the A2836 movement with an original omega 565, but since I have no experience, I would appreciate some help. Is it even possible?
My questions:

-First of all, will it fit in the case?
- I guess I need to move the “pins” on the back of the dial in order to fit the 565,how do I do that?
-Is the hands possible to attach on the 565?
-Is the date wheel the same diameter?
-I guess I need to get a new stem for the crown in order to fit the case, is it possible to re-use the crown?
-How do I make sure that the new movement is attached to the case properly?
-Is it anything else I need to consider before I decide if it is worth it or not?

Thanks a lot!

TomasDrogas

I buy watches and I know things
8/4/15
EU
It is difficult to say if the original 565 will fit your cage as it is significantly bigger than the 2836 but as per InTime pics I can see there is a huge ring around the movement so it might fit. Because you have the watch with you just take a caliber and take some measurements: if the outer ring is 27.9mm or greater, the 565 will fit.

2836 hands, DW and stem will definitely NOT fit a 565 so you will have to source those gen parts for your project too. You will probably be able to reuse the case screws that hold the movement tight, but I dont know if that will work.

If you ask me I wouldn't bother because the Seamaster doesnt feature a display back and if you are worried because the high beat there are several guides to convert the 2836 into low beat using 284X parts (pallet fork, balance assembly and scape wheel can be bought for 30-50 euro at eBay) but accuracy might be affected.

MassMass

You're Saying I Can Sell?
1/9/16
It is difficult to say if the original 565 will fit your cage as it is significantly bigger than the 2836 but as per InTime pics I can see there is a huge ring around the movement so it might fit. Because you have the watch with you just take a caliber and take some measurements: if the outer ring is 27.9mm or greater, the 565 will fit.

2836 hands, DW and stem will definitely NOT fit a 565 so you will have to source those gen parts for your project too. You will probably be able to reuse the case screws that hold the movement tight, but I dont know if that will work.

If you ask me I wouldn't bother because the Seamaster doesnt feature a display back and if you are worried because the high beat there are several guides to convert the 2836 into low beat using 284X parts (pallet fork, balance assembly and scape wheel can be bought for 30-50 euro at eBay) but accuracy might be affected.

Thank you, then I will have to wait to buy a gen one day. Actually saw a fully working vintage movement with the big triangle dial and hands a couple of months ago sold for 900$, regret I didnt bid, would have been a fun project. A complete gen one is sold for 5000-15000 :/