Announcement

Collapse

Please Consider Supporting RWI Today!

We depend on Supporter & Patron subscriptions to pay the bills. Please consider supporting RWI TODAY, CLICK HERE for info on how to subscribe.
See more
See less

A2836 GMT for 2836 ETA swap

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A2836 GMT for 2836 ETA swap

Hello,

​​​​​I habe a rolex explorer 2 with a broken 2836 gmt movement. As I cannot find a replacement, i worked out the idea to swap the Asian movement for a swiss eta 2836.

I am no watchmaker so i would love to hear your input. I know that the swiss eta 2836 has no gmt function. I would like to attach the gmt hand and keep it nonfunctional as I never use it.

Would it be a direct swap or do I need to take other things into Account? Pinion height etc.?would it even possible to attach the gmt hand onto the eta?

Thanks for your input
    ​​

Why dont you buy a 2836 with GMT mod at Helenarou
    I gues the movement is plm 100 dollars

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by boaz_jachin View Post
      Hello,

​​​​​I habe a rolex explorer 2 with a broken 2836 gmt movement. As I cannot find a replacement, i worked out the idea to swap the Asian movement for a swiss eta 2836.

I am no watchmaker so i would love to hear your input. I know that the swiss eta 2836 has no gmt function. I would like to attach the gmt hand and keep it nonfunctional as I never use it.

Would it be a direct swap or do I need to take other things into Account? Pinion height etc.?would it even possible to attach the gmt hand onto the eta?

Thanks for your input
      ​​
      https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F292929658128
      RWI SUPPORTER

Comment

Good idea Sir
        Bosshua is a great seller

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
        X