Announcement

Collapse

Please Consider Supporting RWI Today!

We depend on Supporter & Patron subscriptions to pay the bills. Please consider supporting RWI TODAY, CLICK HERE for info on how to subscribe.
See more
See less

A2836 GMT for 2836 ETA swap

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    A2836 GMT for 2836 ETA swap

    Hello,

    ​​​​​I habe a rolex explorer 2 with a broken 2836 gmt movement. As I cannot find a replacement, i worked out the idea to swap the Asian movement for a swiss eta 2836.

    I am no watchmaker so i would love to hear your input. I know that the swiss eta 2836 has no gmt function. I would like to attach the gmt hand and keep it nonfunctional as I never use it.

    Would it be a direct swap or do I need to take other things into Account? Pinion height etc.?would it even possible to attach the gmt hand onto the eta?

    Thanks for your input
    ​​

    #2
    Why dont you buy a 2836 with GMT mod at Helenarou
    I gues the movement is plm 100 dollars


    Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

    Comment


      #3
      Originally posted by boaz_jachin View Post
      Hello,

      ​​​​​I habe a rolex explorer 2 with a broken 2836 gmt movement. As I cannot find a replacement, i worked out the idea to swap the Asian movement for a swiss eta 2836.

      I am no watchmaker so i would love to hear your input. I know that the swiss eta 2836 has no gmt function. I would like to attach the gmt hand and keep it nonfunctional as I never use it.

      Would it be a direct swap or do I need to take other things into Account? Pinion height etc.?would it even possible to attach the gmt hand onto the eta?

      Thanks for your input
      ​​
      https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F292929658128
      RWI SUPPORTER

      Comment


        #4
        Good idea Sir
        Bosshua is a great seller


        Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

        Comment


          #5
          Nice one! Would this be a direct swap for a CHS A2836? I assume I would need a gmt hand as well as hour hand, right? Or should I just go and buy the whole set?

          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by Hinclimincli View Post

            Nice one! Would this be a direct swap for a CHS A2836? I assume I would need a gmt hand as well as hour hand, right? Or should I just go and buy the whole set?
            No, that is ICHS. You would need a new set of hands to use that movement.
            My wish list: gen components...
            Breitling Datora Montibrilliant dial, older style

            Breitling B13 date wheel


            Panerai OP VIII movement



            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by Rx4Time View Post

              No, that is ICHS. You would need a new set of hands to use that movement.
              Thanks mate! Just as I thought, indeed. I guess my best bet would be to buy a set of ARF Sub hands (they are awesome) and pair them with these, right? http://rafflestime.com/gmt-watch-han...en-2-0mm-hole/

              Should I get a specific GMT Seconds hand like this one? http://rafflestime.com/gmt-merc-watc...nd-white-lume/ The stack is higher than a normal Submariner, so I'm not sure if the normal Submariner seconds hand would fit as I guess it needs a longer pinion, right?

              And just to finish, I can get myself one of these and voilà, job done: https://www.helenarou.com/hangzhou-6...030028362.html

              The funny thing is my CHS is working perfectly, but I'm just managing expectations, lol.
              Last edited by Hinclimincli; 26-04-19, 10:18.

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by Hinclimincli View Post

                Thanks mate! Just as I thought, indeed. I guess my best bet would be to buy a set of ARF Sub hands (they are awesome) and pair them with these, right? http://rafflestime.com/gmt-watch-han...en-2-0mm-hole/

                Should I get a specific GMT Seconds hand like this one? http://rafflestime.com/gmt-merc-watc...nd-white-lume/ The stack is higher than a normal Submariner, so I'm not sure if the normal Submariner seconds hand would fit as I guess it needs a longer pinion, right?

                And just to finish, I can get myself one of these and voilà, job done: https://www.helenarou.com/hangzhou-6...030028362.html

                The funny thing is my CHS is working perfectly, but I'm just managing expectations, lol.
                If it's working fine don't jinx it... LoL. By the time it does die, odds are you'll be ready for a new watch anyway.
                My wish list: gen components...
                Breitling Datora Montibrilliant dial, older style

                Breitling B13 date wheel


                Panerai OP VIII movement



                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by Rx4Time View Post

                  If it's working fine don't jinx it... LoL. By the time it does die, odds are you'll be ready for a new watch anyway.
                  Haha, true! Who knows, maybe it will hold up until ARF releases their long-awaited GMT 3186 true clone!

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X