• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Reset Keyless ETA 2824 - Hands/Dial removed

NewMoney

You're Saying I Can Sell?
4/6/17
Would anyone still have pictures and be kind enough to post them on how to reset the keyless in an eta 2824 / 2836? There are many other tutorials however I can't view the tutorial's pictures due to the after photobucket 3rd party hosting requiring me to buy an account.

Im at the point were I took off my hands, dial, and date wheel. Now I'm looking at the keyless hidden behind a plate and I need some guidance.

NewMoney

4/6/17
There's a blurry YouTube video if you try and google. It worked for me when i messed my keyless

Sent from the RWI mobile app

I messed up on was removing the stem. The stem does not engage any of the gears when I re-insert it. It doesn't wind, move the hands, or move the date, and it doesnt stay in the watch. The movement still works and the balance wheel still oscillates and the hands keep ticking. I think I've messed up the keyless and now it needs to be reset. Ive tried resetting the keyless from the backside by removing the oscillating weight, the automatic bridge, the ratchet wheel, and barrel bridge (using this tutorial: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0b83l-1DmlQ&t=196s). I made sure all the pinions lined up and reset the keyless from this side, but that didnt work, and the stem still doesnt engage anything and doesn't stay. So, now Im trying to reset the keyless from the dial side using the link you recommened (thanks btw). Removed the dial, date wheel.Almost finished that whole process, just an hour more and itll be done. What I actually am afraid of is that my stem may need to be replaced because I think I may have stripped it. Like I said, it doesnt engage anything at all.

Does anyone know what stem i'd have to buy? Would this work? https://www.amazon.com/dp/B008FPCTYW/?tag=watchinfo022-20
Im worried they could be too long or too short, and if they do fit, Id still need to know how to take off the omega crown and fit it onto these new stems.

8a8b15

22/8/18
Follow this guide here http://kronometric.org/article/eta/eta_keyless_assy.html

You're on the right track, you need to do it from the dial side up. I strongly recommend on being 110% careful as not to introduce any foreign debris in the keyless works. It can really damage some parts. Also be cautious of springs flying, so if you're doing this at home, don't do it in a room with carpet. You'll need something sharp to adjust the levers, I used a needle. Other than that, it's a really straight forward process and shouldn't be too difficult.

It's unlikely that you've stripped the stem. Worst case scenario, you can buy a few replacement ones from ofrei.com or ebay. You simply grip the stem and twist off the omega crown. Once you got the crown off, measure the stem and cut the new one to the same size. Next, round off the edges with a file or sandpaper where you cut the stem just enough to where it freely spins onto the crown. Test fit it first, and if it's the perfect size, apply a little loctite on the stem and screw it in the crown. Since this is your first time, I recommend you buy multiple stems to get the perfect fit.

yodog

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
2/9/11
In my parent's basement
never try to reset the keyless from the back side, its more much intensive. do it the proper way removing the keyless works, or have someone do it for you. it is a pretty easy task, the time consuming part is removing the front of the watch carefully.

your locking mechanism is probably not set right, or the post has come off. there is another ghetto way, but you may damage the keyless if your too forceful. look at the side of the movement where the keyless is - there is a locking lever nearest to the stem hole, use fine tweezers and try to "pull" the locking lever towards you. hard to explain i guess but thats the "ghetto" way

Drr80

Renowned Member
12/2/18
El paso, TX
If done a other ghetto way and just hold the stem in and jiggle the hole. If its just binding and not totally messed up it should lock the stem back in.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Reactions: Shieek