• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Brand new CRPO making noise

techmaster242

Looking Around
7/7/17
I've had my Noob CRPO for maybe 3 weeks now. It's been working great. About 2 days ago, I got a winder to put it on at night, because I work a desk job, so the watch keeps running down on me. The winder seems to be working just fine, I forget the exact number, but it was around 800 turns per day. Anyways, today I noticed the watch is making a different noise when I move it around. It almost sounds like a paperclip scraping across a sheet of paper. And if I shake the watch, it kind of sounds like a spring rattling around. Other than this, the watch seems to be working flawlessly. It has the right date and time on it. On the back, the rotor spins freely and nothing appears to have come loose inside.

Is this what the watch sounds like when it's fully wound, and the overwind protection starts to kick in? I've never heard it do this before, so I want to make sure.

DreadPirateRobert

Wtb Zenith Ton Up Chrono
Advisor
13/6/14
Fire Swamp
Hey there Tech.

Is it this a display back watch with a decorated movement? Sometimes pieces of the decorated come loose and hinder the winding - if there was a scraping noise this could explain it. Is this a 21j movement?

sub05

You're Saying I Can Sell?
19/7/15
Hey there Tech.

Is it this a display back watch with a decorated movement? Sometimes pieces of the decorated come loose and hinder the winding - if there was a scraping noise this could explain it. Is this a 21j movement?

Hi. Old thread, but I try anyway since I have been looking for this topic. I have probably to many reps as it is, but it"s a little difficult to stop buying them. Anyway, do any of you do anything with these decorated movements ? The reason I ask is because all mine consist of 2824 /2836 / 7750 and 9015. However; none of these have any decoration besides other than the rotor. These decorated parts are more or less glued pieces that eventually may call it the day and be a loose part inside the movement. Has anyone of you pried them loose beforehand and reglued them yourselves or should one just cross that bridge down the road ?
I will be ordering the newly released Vsf Seamaster ceramic / titanium and while it has a solid 2824 they have stuck quite a bit of parts on it.