• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Assemble 2824-2 movement step by step

ShotsFired

You're Saying I Can Sell?
19/4/19
Excellent! Is there a guide on how to regulate the time on the A2824-2? My new Breitling is about 20 seconds a day fast. What about how to perform basic service on them? I'm assuming it's slightly different than the ETA 2824-2, or am I misguided there?

Dynaduck

Sales moderator
Advisor
6/4/11
Excellent! Is there a guide on how to regulate the time on the A2824-2? My new Breitling is about 20 seconds a day fast. What about how to perform basic service on them? I'm assuming it's slightly different than the ETA 2824-2, or am I misguided there?

ETA and A movements are very similar.
I haven't watched this clip to be honest, but it seems that he shows the way to regulate time here. Note, this is not a 2824, but the way to do it is almost the same.
https://youtu.be/hsOR8GzmCzw?t=694

Lutaito

Supporter
Certified
2/8/19
Photos here also not showing anymore. Was really looking for this post. Any help?

johnfranciskeating

Looking Around
10/8/17
I just wanted to write a quick note, total noobie here. thanks so much for all the work this required, i am grateful!! I did my first partial strip down of this movement and it totally helped!!! thanks again!!

john

williamsshannon107

You're Saying I Can Sell?
MULTI ACCOUNT
9/12/19
Wow, thank you so much for the tutorial! I am new to this world and did not realize there were so many steps. It would take me a few days to assemble a movement :(

p0pperini

patr0n h0arder
Gold Patron
Certified
29/1/19
UK
These stickied guides are incredibly useful, but PhotoBucket makes it hard to see the pics. I had to download them all to see them - and found the easiest way to access the guides quickly was to make a PDF. I did this for my own use, but thought it might be helpful to others here if I shared them. Link below,

I must thank Milkbread for these excellent guides, and credit him as the author of the images. If I'm inadvertently breaking any by-laws by doing this, please let me know and I'll delete.

Assembly Guide

Watch-Out

Known Member
1/2/20
SUPPORTER of RWI
These stickied guides are incredibly useful, but PhotoBucket makes it hard to see the pics. I had to download them all to see them - and found the easiest way to access the guides quickly was to make a PDF. I did this for my own use, but thought it might be helpful to others here if I shared them. Link below,

I must thank Milkbread for these excellent guides, and credit him as the author of the images. If I'm inadvertently breaking any by-laws by doing this, please let me know and I'll delete.

Assembly Guide

This is SO helpful!! Thank you!!! Is that movement similiar to A2824 or what are the differences, so could one use this guide for 2824 as well?

p0pperini

patr0n h0arder
Gold Patron
Certified
29/1/19
UK
This is SO helpful!! Thank you!!! Is that movement similiar to A2824 or what are the differences, so could one use this guide for 2824 as well?
Based only on what I’ve read (I’m a complete beginner), the only differences are minor and in the keyless works. So my guess is this guide will still be helpful. But a responsible adult may turn up at some point to confirm this.

ado213 for instance... :)

p0pperini

patr0n h0arder
Gold Patron
Certified
29/1/19
UK
All keyless works parts on Asian 2824 and swiss 2824 are interchangeable, so yes this guide will be good for both movements
Thanks Ado! :)

I misread Watch-Out’s question, and somehow thought he was asking whether the 2824 and 2836 were both covered by this guide. It was late, my eyesight’s not what it was...

Last edited:
Reactions: Watch-Out

ugalord

Metalcore Addict
Patron
Certified
29/6/20
Europe
just had my first "dry" try :) other than missing one click spring everything was straight forward and easy with that guide. next time with cleaning and oiling :D thanks a lot!