• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ETA 2824-2 Elabore question (hour wheel)

AF_FNQ

You're Saying I Can Sell?
23/10/10
Hi,

As the start of the collection of parts for a 55XX Sub build (looking like a Ruby case for a early 1970's metres first ) I received a ETA 2824-2 Elabore in the post today.

In the movement case was a toothed wheel wedged sideway between the movement body and the case. After some googling I gather that this is the hour wheel for the watch hand The same googling suggests that a small thin brass dial washer would be needed for the installation of the hour wheel.

Eventually there would be the need for dial ring, clamps and screw.

Question is, should I source a dial washer for the hour wheel or would that come with a to be purchased dial, and would the clamps and screws come with a purchased ring that supports the 2824 movement in the case.

Thanks in advance for answers and any suggestions as to where to get the parts.

Cheers

Dohdoh

Renowned Member
30/10/13
Hey buddy, usually the clamps and tabs come with the movement or case... Depending on seller. I would recommend the tiny brass sheet as it could happen that the hour wheel pop off if not used...

Gesendet von meinem VOG-L29 mit Tapatalk

p0pperini

patr0n h0arder
Gold Patron
Certified
29/1/19
UK
Whenever I've received a movement with the hour wheel loose like this, it has also included the sprung hour wheel washer and a dial ring.

Clamps and screws don't generally get included though IIRC. They more commonly come with the case (in my limited experience). But they're also available on eBay, in a box of assorted sizes that will last a lifetime!

You'll also need a movement ring of course.

You may be able to find the missing movement parts at Esslinger, Offrei or Cousins (pick one appropriate to your location).

AF_FNQ

You're Saying I Can Sell?
23/10/10
Thanks for the replies and advice, ...the way I look at it is that getting hold of all of the parts needed is the journey that gives the rep build a bit a story.

So, these are just some small extra parts to put on the search and obtain list.

BTW, the 2824-2 winds nice, the date changes (even though it will go) and it is ticks away! nicely!!!!

Cheers.

squar3pants

Known Member
31/5/11
Dial washer normally come with the movement. You can ask seller if he accidentally missed out. Or You can find the brass dial washer on eBay. Otherwise you can cut one out from a cheap brass sheet.

Sent from my iPhone using RWI