• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Can you tell if this is a "genuine swiss" eta, or a asian copy trying to look like a swiss eta?

PandaWatch

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
6/10/21
Can you tell if this is a "genuine swiss" eta, or a asian copy trying to look like a swiss eta?

PandaWatch

Banned
6/10/21
Very good.
Thank you for your help!
I'll buy this now for my first build.

p0pperini

patr0n h0arder
Gold Patron
Certified
29/1/19
UK
Check the movement you receive very carefully against those pics, to ensure that what you've received a genuine one.

Reactions: Tucker

PandaWatch

Banned
6/10/21
Thats a genuine Swiss ETA …..but what’s with the multiple accounts PandaWatch

Thank you for the info.

I've been trying to resolve the "multiple accounts" designation.
There are 7 people using this internet service at this address.
There are two people, therefore multiple, who had opened accounts at RWI.
It was requested that I send in a photo of me with my ID, which I have done.
The other account holder who uses the internet account here told me he requested to have his account closed to resolve this problem so I could use my account normally.
My housemate Dave refuses to send sensitive personal information like that online.

So the short explanation is:
multiple people using the same internet service.

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
There are 7 people using this internet service at this address.

Damn, you guys must be packed in there pretty tightly, it's listed as a single family dwelling.

The other account holder who uses the internet account here told me he requested to have his account closed to resolve this problem so I could use my account normally

Very chivalrous of him. Jeffrey might get jealous though.

My housemate Dave refuses to send sensitive personal information like that online.

Dave sounds like a wuss.

PandaWatch

Banned
6/10/21
You are partially right and partially wrong. I'm not sure which address you are referring to, the 158 L or 39, E as they are both owned by me and are on the same internet address and routers. That is 3 buildings. Jeff and Dave are two different people. Jeff just told me he was banned quite some time ago from RWI specifically for "causing a ruckus" for pointing out too loudly that cheap builds where the crown only thread on 1/2 a turn was in his opinion "low grade" and the builders were very sensitive about that. Is that true or not true?

Either way. I am not Jeff. I am not Dave. I have done nothing wrong, other than apparently broken the unwritten rule of "spoon feeding" new people.
Is it your intention to punish me for someone else's actions? I gave you my ID to prove I am me.

If it is your intention to harm me for someone elses actions, then please say so now.

Last edited:

p0pperini

patr0n h0arder
Gold Patron
Certified
29/1/19
UK
Jeff just told me he was banned quite some time ago from RWI specifically for "causing a ruckus" for pointing out too loudly that cheap builds where the crown only thread on 1/2 a turn was in his opinion "low grade" and the builders were very sensitive about that.
It's commendable that Jeff went into such detail in recounting the reason for his ban.

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
If it is your intention to harm me for someone elses actions.

Personally, no. But if anyone did want to 'harm you' I suppose they could just ask Jeffrey to do what he threatened to do to one of the members on RWI when a set of hands he ordered didn't arrive - "chop you up into little pieces".

Anyway, good to see you've made a full recovery from your car crash, in which you were very badly injured.

If you have any questions about working on watches you really should consult with Jeffrey - he's a self taught genius when it comes to horology:

https://forum.replica-watch.info/fo...-build-a-rolex-1680-superfranken-how-did-i-do

PandaWatch

Banned
6/10/21
Interesting thread. I remember that watch.
Jeff was trolling you guys.
That was a completely genuine Rolex 1680 with a genuine service dial with red print.
I went with him when he bought it from the local Rolex dealer.
He later had it serviced at the local Rolex AD.
That is why there were "no flaws"
He really got you guys riled up. I understand why you banned him for doing that.

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
He really got you guys riled up.

Not at all, the only person who got riled up was Jeffrey. He has serious mental health issues - but then you'd know that wouldn't you as you live in the same house.

Reactions: FREEWIFI

p0pperini

patr0n h0arder
Gold Patron
Certified
29/1/19
UK
Oh. I'll miss PandaWatch. Can't wait to meet another one of his housemates!

Reactions: FREEWIFI