• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

2813 stops when being shaken

Kaveman

Horology Curious
30/6/20
Hi folks, I have a 2813 in a DHgate shitter from Jason007, just wondering if I should expect it to stop moving when moved quickly? After a few cycles getting the regulation down I'm now close to 1.3s/day which I think is nice but I've noticed that the seconds seem to stop if I swing my arm particularly hard or shake my wrist

tsyeo4

I'm Pretty Popular
13/11/14
Kaveman The timegrapher should show a flat line with low beat rate (+2 to -2 a day), good amplitude (about 240 to 280), beat error (0 to 0.5) and lift angle (50 to 52).

If you are getting anything different is a problem in the movement. From what you are saying, my guess your balance wheel pinion is not swinging in an even angle/height from the pallet fork.

The simple test for height is when you place the watch dial facing down and very slow move side ways and upwards. If your spring have a height issue the balance wheel will stop.

If it is swing angle you should be able to see from the timegrapher line. Anything that is not a flat line is usually not good for the watch.

There is also a possibility where your watch may have a loose escape wheel as well. Sometimes an unserviced watch will have the escape wheel grinded bald against the jewel. A good quality movement will have an incabloc to act like a shock absorber for the escape wheel.

Phen1970

Horology Curious
2/8/21
If the seconds hand momentarily stops after a shock that's normal for movements with an indirectly driven seconds hand like the 2813. Only if it doesn't resume after a shock that's a problem with the movement.

Last edited: