• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

2813 upgrade??

Raddave

Most Delicious of all Nipples!
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11
OK thanks and enjoy your vacation

That particular watch in the link , i approved that sale, i was sent a higher resolution pic than was posted ....It had a ETA in it at the time of listing

Reactions: DavidModic

Oakley

The Dogs Bolex
7/6/19
27°59′17″N 86°55′31″E
Why do we keep discussing a watch that sold almost a month ago?

"We" were discussing a watch sold a month ago because it was offered to me in response to my WTB Post,
https://forum.replica-watch.info/fo...straps/8099546-wtb-16610ln-swiss-eta-or-a2836

And I was merely obtaining a valued opinion from DavidModic as he in my view is very helpful and has great knowledge. Correct me if I am wrong but isn't that what a forum is for? sharing information, experiences, advice etc...?

DavidModic

13/9/15
EU
Why do we keep discussing a watch that sold almost a month ago?

I gather that the OP had this watch offered to them by the original purchaser.

Once they agree, the “Reserved for” sale will appear in the sales area. I do not think this is in any way against the rules or the spirit of the forum.

The OP is relatively inexperienced and is looking for information. Admittedly, much of it could probably be found on the forums already, but I have some time to spare, so why not help out. Also, if you look through older threads, more often than not the photos are missing, so many old threads are somewhat less useful.

Oakley

The Dogs Bolex
7/6/19
27°59′17″N 86°55′31″E
That particular watch in the link , i approved that sale, i was sent a higher resolution pic than was posted ....It had a ETA in it at the time of listing

Thx Raddave, I have purchased it from last owner and once it arrives I will have it serviced so all will be revealed. I am sure it is exactly what it was stated to be.

Raddave

Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11
Thx Raddave, I have purchased it from last owner and once it arrives I will have it serviced so all will be revealed. I am sure it is exactly what it was stated to be.

so the guy you bought it from didnt post a sale then ?

DavidModic

13/9/15
EU
Raddave

I have no horse in the race here, to be clear. I am not the seller or the buyer. Just wanted to say that perhaps you are not told enough how deeply appreciated you are, Raddave. When I saw your previous post, I thought to myself “oh crap, breaking the rules, through inexperience, but still. A backdoor sale is frowned upon”. And then you come being all reasonable and stuff. Thank you, you are awesome.

Reactions: Raddave

Raddave

Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11
Raddave

I have no horse in the race here, to be clear. I am not the seller or the buyer. Just wanted to say that perhaps you are not told enough how deeply appreciated you are, Raddave. When I saw your previous post, I thought to myself “oh crap, breaking the rules, through inexperience, but still. A backdoor sale is frowned upon”. And then you come being all reasonable and stuff. Thank you, you are awesome.

Thanks Dude , obviously im not your moms , i just want everyone here to have fun , and be safe , i mean thats what its all about ,and if it wasnt like that, i would not be here myself :D

DavidModic

13/9/15
EU
My apologies if I have not acted in strict accordance with forum policy
You might not have a problem at all, and everything could go fine, but on the other hand, by participating in a backdoor sale you forego any kind of RWI protection. I mean

(a) the seller could be perfectly legit and everything above board.

(b) Or a person could register an account on RWI, look for a WTB thread, look for a month old listing for the watch that was asked for and contact the buyer and say:”I have this watch, why not buy it from me? Photos are here at this sales thread”. They do not need to provide any actual photos of the watch, i.e. they do not need to have it, to do this. You do Paypal gift, the watch never arrives, the seller walks away, the staff does not lean on them, because it was a backdoor sale. Like I said, this is not necessarily what is happening, but if I was looking to scam people, this is how I would do it (full disclosure: In my other life, I am a researcher, looking into Internet fraud. So, perhaps I am more paranoid than most and have more exposure to scams than it is strictly necessary to retain your sanity :) ).

(c) Or a person could actually be the original buyer and do a backdoor sale, recoup the funds, not send the watch, the staff does not lean on them, because it is a backdoor sale.

(d) the seller could be the original buyer but wants to do a backdoor sale, because they would like to get more money. The original sale was good value. The Swiss ETA is about 2/3 of the sale price as is. The rule here is that you are not allowed to raise the price from what you paid (minus shipping) unless special circumstances apply (like rare watch, out of production, boutique build etc).

It is very important you do not overract now!

Do not assume any of what I wrote is what is happening. Do not assume the seller is a scammer. Do not, repeat, do not open a dispute. Do not fire testy pm’s to the seller. You’ve already paid for it. Everything could go fine. In my experience, good sellers send me photos of the watch being put into the package and then the photo of the package with my address on it. That is not too much work. And puts my mind at ease. If nothing happens for a while, you first contact the mods and plead your case. Do not become abusive or open disputes on your own. You want to stay a member here.

Rx4Time

Supporter, Panerai lover
Supporter
Certified
31/3/16
CONUS
Had you followed the form rules I would have seen the second sale thread reserved for you and known you were buying the piece and not asked the question. There is no reason to be snippy in your statements, since I had no way to know you were actually buying the piece. Best wishes for your new acquisition, I don't say this in a sarcastic manor, for I truly hope you enjoy it, the hobby, and the forum.

"We" were discussing a watch sold a month ago because it was offered to me in response to my WTB Post,
https://forum.replica-watch.info/fo...straps/8099546-wtb-16610ln-swiss-eta-or-a2836

And I was merely obtaining a valued opinion from DavidModic as he in my view is very helpful and has great knowledge. Correct me if I am wrong but isn't that what a forum is for? sharing information, experiences, advice etc...?

And Raddave we appreciate all you and the other mods do to try and protect the members. .

Rx4Time

Supporter, Panerai lover
Supporter
Certified
31/3/16
CONUS
I'm going to offer this bit of advice to you. Unless there is an issue such as it not maintaining time or having a poor power reserve, there's no reason to spend money sending it to a watchsmith... Just enjoy it. If you're concerned about the movement take some duct tape wod it up sticky side out and you can use that to open the case back and take pictures focusing on the balance and stampings. I expect your transaction to go without issue since it's a long-term member you purchased from.

Oakley

The Dogs Bolex
7/6/19
27°59′17″N 86°55′31″E
I'm going to offer this bit of advice to you. Unless there is an issue such as it not maintaining time or having a poor power reserve, there's no reason to spend money sending it to a watchsmith... Just enjoy it. If you're concerned about the movement take some duct tape wod it up sticky side out and you can use that to open the case back and take pictures focusing on the balance and stampings. I expect your transaction to go without issue since it's a long-term member you purchased from.

Thanks for the advice, it is certainly appreciated

Reactions: Rx4Time