• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Can´´´ t manualy wind the movement

Andrew0

Known Member
8/1/17
Sweden
As the title says, I can´t wind the movement using the crown anymore, it just makes a clicking noise and when i try to wind the second hand is hacking forward. Anyone knows whats the problem is?

Rx4Time

Supporter, Panerai lover
Supporter
Certified
31/3/16
CONUS
Some more specific details are needed, including the watch model and the movement. My guess is the crown clutch spring has failed, which when this occurs makes it so you cannot easily manually wind The watch because there's that adequate pressure to move the crown to position 1.

Andrew0

Known Member
8/1/17
Sweden
Some more specific details are needed, including the watch model and the movement. My guess is the crown clutch spring has failed, which when this occurs makes it so you cannot easily manually wind The watch because there's that adequate pressure to move the crown to position 1.

Its the regmarine, thought I posted in the 21j thread so thats why I didn´t mention it. But its a 21j movement with hack funtion, you may be right, because in some situations I will hear the winding noise when i put eather preasure on it or drag it while i rotate the crown.

Rx4Time

Supporter, Panerai lover
Supporter
Certified
31/3/16
CONUS
Its the regmarine, thought I posted in the 21j thread so thats why I didn´t mention it. But its a 21j movement with hack funtion, you may be right, because in some situations I will hear the winding noise when i put eather preasure on it or drag it while i rotate the crown.

Unfortunately it's somewhat common. A new crown will solve it, but it can be used as is. Just be careful when manually winding it.

Reactions: Andrew0