• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Modding the 2813 date wheel removal

KalKala

You're Saying I Can Sell?
27/11/18
Hi Guys,
I'm working on this project for a Cartier Santos that has no date window so I'm planning to remove the calendar wheel together with all its related parts, but I really need some help from the experts to know exactly which parts I can remove without compromising the work of the movement.

I marked with green arrows those elements I'm almost sure I can safely remove together with the datewheel, and marked with red arrows those I'm not so sure I should discard too.
By removing these parts I also hope to optimize the reserve time and possibly even the precision of the caliber, but as you may well imagine I'm just taking my first steps in horology and I will greatly appreciate any good advise...

VEge2o.md.jpg

TIA
Cheers

Last edited:

KalKala

You're Saying I Can Sell?
27/11/18
Just for anyone who venture in this kind of modifications I report here what I've found:

# All the parts marked in green can safely go

# Of the parts marked in red even if indeed they all belong to the calendar complication I've removed only the small wheel that connects to the date advancement wheel but I left in place the other two levers especially the central one that is placed on top of a setting wheel and keeps it in position: unless you devise a washer of the same thickness you need this plate to make the wheel stable enough to connect to the other parts of the keyless work when you pull on the crown and rotate the stem

Reactions: Ams55557