• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

I need help recognising this movement

taggiascoz

You're Saying I Can Sell?
27/10/18

Hello I need to know if anyone can help what movement I’ve got here, I need to change a few bits, now the fix it’s temporary in fact the balance wheel isn’t its, plus there’s a paper spacer under the fork that hold the wheel, I also had to grind the rotor after the spacer had raised the balance wheel and now it’s too light to spin anyway I wanted to buy a spare one and take the bits I need, a friend from the forum suggested it’s a 2813

Rx4Time

Supporter, Panerai lover
Supporter
Certified
31/3/16
CONUS
Yes it's a 2813 variation. There's so many different ones out there it's difficult to say for sure exactly which manufacturer it is, especially if youve swapped some parts already. a new movement can be bought from websites like Otto Frei for under $50. It's not even worth the aggravation of trying to fix them. just drop a new one in and you're good for several years.

taggiascoz

27/10/18
Yes it's a 2813 variation. There's so many different ones out there it's difficult to say for sure exactly which manufacturer it is, especially if youve swapped some parts already. a new movement can be bought from websites like Otto Frei for under $50. It's not even worth the aggravation of trying to fix them. just drop a new one in and you're good for several years.

Sounds good to me, but the problem is, which one can I drop in it? Any ideas?
thank you Rx4Time

taggiascoz

27/10/18
http://www.ofrei.com/page1119.html

You'll need to match up the existing movement and dial configuration to the ones on the link above. As I said there's dozens of varieties and the link I posted is one of the best and most comprehensive sources.

So I just check the dial for day and date and then I measure thickness and diameter with calliper and any with those specs will work?
there are too many

Rx4Time

Supporter, Panerai lover
Supporter
Certified
31/3/16
CONUS
So I just check the dial for day and date and then I measure thickness and diameter with calliper and any with those specs will work?
there are too many

If I'm not mistaken a dg 2803 would work if you transfer the day and date wheels over. 2fake4u any experience with this? Would you be able to confirm this?

Reactions: taggiascoz

taggiascoz

27/10/18
If I'm not mistaken a dg 2803 would work if you transfer the day and date wheels over. 2fake4u any experience with this? Would you be able to confirm this?

I’ve had a look at dg2803 but it looks to me it has the day date wheels already

taggiascoz

27/10/18
A few extra pics of the movement, ive managed to get the days wheel off but not the date

2fake4u

Put Some Respect On My Name
20/9/16

no idea.

there should be some markings on the movement itself.

taggiascoz

27/10/18
no idea.

there should be some markings on the movement itself.

I just need to know if there’s anything I could put in there, I have added pics with thickness and diameter both for the movement and the case

Raddave

Most Delicious of all Nipples!
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11
2813s dont typically have a day feature , plus the jewel keeper looks Miyota to me

can we get a pic of it with the rotor removed ?

and was it hand windable ?

taggiascoz

27/10/18
2813s dont typically have a day feature , plus the jewel keeper looks Miyota to me

can we get a pic of it with the rotor removed ?

and was it hand windable ?

I’ll take a pic later with rotor removed, yes hand windable but not hacking

taggiascoz

27/10/18
Anything?? I wanna fix the watch, do I need to take the whole movement apart? Could that help?