• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Newb Questions on 2813

mdawgy

You're Saying I Can Sell?
28/8/17
Hello:

I'm new to the replica watch community and was doing my best to learn about different movements and stuff. As I don't want to spend over 200 dollars on a replica watch before I know how to properly handle and take care of a mechanical/automatic watch, I was looking at Narika/Reg's budget watches. Although the consensus for the regmariner seems to be overall positive, I've seen people say that the quality/durability of the 21j movement is a hit-or-miss. That being said, I have some questions regarding this movement.

1. How reliable is the movement (assuming it doesn't fail outright, and I happen to get a good one)?

2. I've seen that it is fairly cheap to replace (20-30 dollars). Can the movement be replaced by myself or does it require a watchmaker?

3. For replica watches, is it safe to go to any local watchmaker/repair shop?

4. What does it mean to "regulate" a watch so it keeps time somewhat accurately?

Thanks a lot for your patience,

D

d4m.test

1) If it's working when you get it, it should be fine and somewhat reliable, but obviously not as good as an eta or clone.

2) It would depend how good you are at working with watches, it is not that tough, but it is also not easy. If you have plans to replace the movement, I would just recommend getting a watch with an asian eta clone movement in the first place. You will be able to find a preowned watch with a asian eta clone within the $200 budget.

3) You should probably call them and ask that over the phone first.

4) Regulate is basically changing how fast or slow the watch will work. There is usually a screw or lever in the movement that can you moved to make it more accurate. This can actually be done yourself.

D

d4m.test

Go for it wholeheartedly. Better even, get 2 as You will want to tinker around with them. Check Supermirrors and get one of the 4-digit Cartel submariners ($120ish) and a Martu leatherstrap. Happy ever after. Later look for a BP Seadweller ($240ish) with an ETA clone. If the 2813 was a car, it would be an old Land Rover or HJ60 Toyota: rough, loud, reliable.
53QYuFt.jpg