• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Movement slows down when crown fully screwn

Hinclimincli

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
18/12/09
Hiya everyone!

Just got myself an awesome Regmariner and I have nothing but good things to say about it. Never seen so much quality for that price!

I noticed it was running surprisingly slow (like three minutes behind after a few hours) so when I went back home from my office I sat down and did some testing with a mic and a timegraph. It was really inconsistent, gaining some seconds when up @3 (which is very strange) and losing minutes when flat!

After a while, I thought about unscrewing the crown and... It ran almost COSC-precise!

Obviously I won't be wearing the watch with the crown unscrewed, I managed to keep decent readings while the crown was almost screwed in. Just to give you an idea, the crown screwed in looks completely upside down, with the 2nd dot of the triple lock right in the middle, and now I have it so it's the first dot in the middle (hope it makes sense!).

My question is, am I compromising waterproof or is there a point where screwing the crown further in doesn't affect waterproof?