• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

* * * The 2010 Award Winners * * *

rooster133

Mythical Poster
Advisor
25/7/08
* * * The 2010 RWI Awards * * *

Hi everyone,

It's that time of year again! Welcome to the 2010 RWI awards. First of all, a big thank you to everyone who voted. It's much appreciated. Plenty of votes came through and we now have winners to announce in all categories... :popcorn:

Here are the winners of the 2010 RWI awards......

Rookie of the year

First up is the Rookie of the Year award. To qualify, nominees had to have joined between 1/1/10 and 12/31/10 and have a minimum of 500 posts. We had some strong contenders this year, but the runaway winner was:

JC7

The staff would like to extend its congratulations to JC7. He made an impact on the forum from the very start, inspired a watch raffle with his generous gesture of gifting VIP memberships, and stood out as one of the most prolific and helpful new members--great example for all newcomers. Well done, JC7!

Rookie Dealer of the year

Next is the Rookie Dealer of the Year award. And the winner is:

JacksonTse

JacksonTse has been on RWI only for a very short time and is already making some waves. If you are not yet familiar with his stock and offers, go over to his section and have a look. He's definitely a great addition to our list of trusted dealers! Well done JacksonTse!

Dealer of the year

And on to third category, which was also one of the hottest categories in this series of awards... The Dealer of the Year... As usual, some outstanding dealers were nominated for 2010, and a relatively newcomer took the crown. The winner was:

ReplicaMake

Replicamake adopted a new and higher standard in dealing with replicas--outstanding QC with pictures as evidence, movement regulation for free, fast shipping and communication... all this implemented with a large volume of customers, and without impact on the sales prices ! Congratulations to Lay, you set the bar very high !

Tool/strap Dealer of the Year

And for the next category, which is the Tool/strap Dealer of the Year we had once again a list of very strong contenders. All these guys have provided us with the bits and pieces that allow us to make our watches special or in some cases, to break them when we try and work on them! And the winner is:

Watchbitz

No surprises here... Watchbitz has been suppling "bitz" to our community for a long time, and their product range, professionalism and reliability has always outstanding. Please join me in congratulating them on this well deserved award!

Member of the Year

And for the next category we have the Member of the Year award. Again, we had a very strong set of nominees this year, but according to the votes, one stood out above the rest. And the winner is:

Pix

Pix has been here forever. Not only is he a bit of an RWI institution, but he makes PecMan’s pecs look like pimples, and Yannou’s shirts look like old rags. You just don’t mess with Pix! Some say he can stop a watch with the power of thought, and kill dodgy modders slowly by playing a recorder. All we know for sure is that his posts are instant classics and that he’s one of the best and most consistent members RWI has ever seen. Congrats Pix!

Mod of the year

Now on to the next category... In the Mod of the Year category we also had some very strong nominees. It was a close race till the end, and the winner is:

rooster133

[From the staff of RWI] Roo has been on RWI for ages now, always appreciated and helpful as a member, and has just remained the very same as a moderator, despite a sometimes quite thankless job. The secret of his self-control surely comes from a great sense of humour and understanding of human behaviour--a complex task for sure.

RWI is proud to have him in the staff, and proud to have him chosen as the Moderator of the Year !

Admin of the Year

And now on to the next category... In the Admin of the Year category the race was extremely close up until the very end. But there can only be one winner... And the winner is:

guru

Guru is our resident expert on AP, Hublot, and everything in between. He's one of the biggest assets to the forum, he will always tell it as it is, and will always, always go out of his way to help members in need. The place would just not be the same without him. Congrats guru!

The 2010 RWI Hall of Fame Inductees

And finally, here we have the 2010 inductees into the RWI Hall of Fame. A group of very strong nominees was put forward based on their contribution to RWI not only in the past year, but throughout the life of the forum. These guys have gone above and beyond in making this forum what it is today.

Please join me in congratulating them on this honour. The 2010 inductees are:

Guru

Pix

Well, it should come as no surprise to anyone that Guru and Pix, our Admin of the Year and Member of the Year respectively, have also been inducted into the Hall of Fame. The outstanding work of these true gentlemen this year can only be eclipsed by their ongoing contributions year after year, a fact which has now been appropriately recognised.

So, everyone, thank you for voting and thank you for reading. I hope you'll join us in congratulating this group of outstanding RWI members. See you next year for the 2011 awards!!! ;)

ahw676

Mythical Poster
Advisor
16/11/08
The membership has made some outstanding choices this year. Congratulations to all!

Q5?

Legendary Member
Advisor
29/3/09
YEAH! Congrats to all of you. :)

Pix

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Advisor
Certified
22/12/06
FR
:bounce::bounce:

cybee

Legendary Member
Supporter
23/11/06
Congrats to all the winna's. Hopefully this will mean an increase in their base pay. They've earned it.
happy-093.gif

Pix

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Advisor
Certified
22/12/06
FR
Yeah, from nothing it became twice nothing :)

Wiz

Mythical Poster
9/8/09
Congrats to all the winna's. Hopefully this will mean an increase in their base pay. They've earned it.
happy-093.gif

I've heard they all get a 50% raise.

So....... 0 + (1.5x0) = ..... :whistle:

trksh-bzr

Mythical Poster
Advisor
25/9/09
congrats everyone. winner in every catagory made a difference in 2010 on rwi.

thedoover

Snow Monkey Ambassador
Supporter
Certified
15/6/10
In the time since I signed up on this board, without question, Pix has unknowingly influenced my approach to watch collection. Some of his reviews have pointed me in directions towards watches I might never have considered in the past.

Congratulations Pix on your well deserved honors.

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
A big congrats to all the winners, well deserved one and all.
I wish all the RWI staffers could have won an award, each and every one of them help make this place something special. So do you lot, the members without whom RWI would have no reason to exist. Congrats to all, mods, admin and members alike, thanks to each and every one of you it was indeed a great year!

Col.

guru

Advisor
Advisor
30/9/06
thanks to all my friends which voted for me, you are always welcome to ask me any questions via PM and I will answer asap, as always. I am always here to help you!

dustin

Renowned Member
7/6/10
Big congrats to all of the winners, you are all greatly deserving.

I wish all the RWI staffers could have won an award, each and every one of them help make this place something special. So do you lot, the members without whom RWI would have no reason to exist. Congrats to all, mods, admin and members alike, thanks to each and every one of you it was indeed a great year!
Col.

big +1 to that.

D

d4m.test

+100 to all comments & comendations! To JC7, a very big help in the early stages of my membership & is still a source of influence and thought!!

dave