• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New Watch De-Magnetizer!

YellowFin

Not pretty, hardly popular
28/1/20
Molvania
One fine day in January 2021, I had this thought that it might be handy to have a demagnetizer in the house when a watch starts deviating from the golden +/-20 box without obvious reasons. I'm firm believer in the saying "Buy cheap, buy twice." and I like buying twice, so I went with the highly acclaimed traditional Chinese brand HUAXING. Set me back by a whopping 2.44 Euros, but shipping was 5.50 Euros - what the funk is going wrong here? To my huge surprise, the thing didn't explode when plugged in, so I tested it on one of my reps. Still keeps time, so the demagnetizer is either OK or the electronic circuit is just broken and it does nothing. Now I'll have to order some super magnets to first kill the movement and set it back later. Will keep you guys posted... stay tuned.

And to those saying that whole story is pure nonsense: you're absolutely right. Had to lighten up my home-office days under Corona lockdown. ;)

ZPouqL.jpg

ZPovTR.jpg

Last edited:

YellowFin

28/1/20
Molvania
I mastered in Electrical Engineering so I had to know what's happening under the hood. It's literally just a power cable with highly sophisticated strain-relief (red arrow) connected to a transformer. The small PCB just holds the push button to close the connection and light an LED. The transformer's used in so called "silent running mode", generating heat and a magnetic field that's reversing 50 times per second (at least in Germany). Not sure if it's even safe to touch that switch, sure isn't TÜV or CE certified. Let's get killed!

ZPoVXi.jpg

Reactions: THXuk

R2L

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
17/4/14
Thank you for sharing.

Having opened it up and seen what’s inside, do you think you over paid, or is this value for the money?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

YellowFin

28/1/20
Molvania
Thank you for sharing.

Having opened it up and seen what’s inside, do you think you over paid, or is this value for the money?

I feel ripped off. Especially on the shipping cost... Just kidding, what can you even expect for less than 3 Euros? :laugh:

Raddave

Most Delicious of all Nipples!
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11
Mine works fine !

Reactions: Oascom

JJCW

You're Saying I Can Sell?
13/12/18