• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Aligning Hour Hand. Rolex Sub.

balance27

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
18/3/15
United Kingdom
Hi. Just a quick question. I am going to be sending my new ZZF v2s Hulk off for service and waterproof.

Is it possible during a service for the hour hand to be aligned or would I need a new part?

Please note the hour hand is not central to 6 when the minute hand is central to 12. Only slightly but would be nice to have it correct if at all possible.

Thanks

87abbd850b912a678025f0ab70356e1d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tony5haw2013

10/8/19
malta
Not a hard job, just need to remove hands and reset them which will be done during a service anyway and the movement will be stripped.

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

Reactions: balance27

bc1221

Put Some Respect On My Name
30/4/14
Is that the SH3135? If so, that’s fairly common but only bc the hour wheel seems to have a little wiggle room. It’s hard to tell but when you’re about to remove the hands, you’ll notice that they move about 2 or so mm’s. Mine does that but usually sits in place once set.

balance27

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
18/3/15
United Kingdom
Is that the SH3135? If so, that’s fairly common but only bc the hour wheel seems to have a little wiggle room. It’s hard to tell but when you’re about to remove the hands, you’ll notice that they move about 2 or so mm’s. Mine does that but usually sits in place once set.

I believe it’s a VR3135 as it is a new ZZF v2s. I’m sending it to be serviced soon so will get it sorted at the same time. Thanks.

bc1221

Put Some Respect On My Name
30/4/14
I believe it’s a VR3135 as it is a new ZZF v2s. I’m sending it to be serviced soon so will get it sorted at the same time. Thanks.

It will still have a little wiggle room to it. I mean, gen 3035/3035s have a little wiggle room on their pinions but it’s not nearly as obvious as clones. Should be fairly easy but if you’re sending it for service. I wouldn’t even bother.

Good luck!

Reactions: balance27