• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Possible to relume dial to match gen handset?

tony5haw2013

10/8/19
malta
So I'm having a hard time finding a genuine dial for this air king build I'm doing, it's the 116900 model.

So far I have spent a lot so may as well go the full 9 yards and do it properly.

Movement will be a full genuine 3131, genuine hands, and looking to find either a genuine dial or relume the 12 marker to match hands, or if possible find a genuine 12 hour marker and replace that on the rep dial.

Any ideas if relume would get the colour and intensity close enough to match the chromalight hands?

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

bc1221

Put Some Respect On My Name
30/4/14
So I'm having a hard time finding a genuine dial for this air king build I'm doing, it's the 116900 model.

So far I have spent a lot so may as well go the full 9 yards and do it properly.

Movement will be a full genuine 3131, genuine hands, and looking to find either a genuine dial or relume the 12 marker to match hands, or if possible find a genuine 12 hour marker and replace that on the rep dial.

Any ideas if relume would get the colour and intensity close enough to match the chromalight hands?

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

Is it an applied marker or a matte dial! Applied markers are much easier to lume imo. You basically just fill up the little marker and let it dry. Just make sure to clean off the top if it goes a little over.

I would highly suggest removing the marker before luming though. You can do that by pushing the pin(s) that are soldered on the the dial plate. You may need to sand a bit off of the back to see it but they are there. Just use a bracelet pin tool or a very fine metal rep or tweezer and push until the marker drops off. (Put some cloth or parchment paper where it would drop to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk