• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

116900 air king

tony5haw2013

10/8/19
malta
Does anybody know if the new air king can have a crystal caseback on it? I'm sure it has a second internal caseback but I'm not sure yet as I don't have mine yet

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

chocolito

I'm Pretty Popular
12/9/17
The internal case as you call it , is a thin cover that is made of Iron . This acts as a Faraday cage and protects the movement from electro magnetic fields .

The answer on a crystal caseback , by that i suppose you mean a sapphire exhibition caseback ? The answer is NO ( well i suppose it's possible with a lot of effort anything is ) and more importantly WHY ???

Last edited:

tony5haw2013

10/8/19
malta
The internal case as you call it , is a thin cover that is made of Iron . This acts as a Faraday cage and protects the movement from electro magnetic fields .

The answer on a crystal caseback , by that i suppose you mean a sapphire exhibition caseback ? The answer is NO ( well i suppose it's possible with a lot of effort anything is ) and more importantly WHY ???
Because I love to see the movement, personal preference but I think they look great, I will not be going anywhere that would require a faraday cage, I may well take to to somebody to have the cage remove or trimmed out of sight when under the display caseback.

chocolito

I'm Pretty Popular
12/9/17
Oki Doki :D Good luck with all if that :rollingonthefloor: Give me strength :bless:

tony5haw2013

10/8/19
malta
What's your problem mate? If your going to be so disrespectful just don't reply to start with

tony5haw2013

10/8/19
malta
Why is it a really stupid idea? Tell that to Thomas preik that sells them by the boat load for every rolex bar the air king.

The watch has a fake magnetic shield over the movement that can be removed, so why is it impossible to buy a clear caseback??

And if people are telling you they are being disrespected its because you come across as an arsehole.

You are speaking to me like I'm an idiot and you are somehow above me because you wouldnt put a clear caseback on a watch.

You just have a horrible condescending attitude that is just not necessary, this forum is supposed to be a place to ask these questions and learn from each other .

Who are you to call me stupid for wanting to try something different?

And so what if we are strangers on the internet, would you treat somebody with contempt in the street? If so you seem to be a bit up yourself.

Try showing people a little respect mate.

Glaude

Tech Admin
Staff member
Administrator
11/8/17
chocolito haven't you been warned before about your attitude and starting shit with others ?

Don't like OP post ? Don't comment. He doesn't need nor wants your opinion he was just asking a question, you first answered it appropriately, you could have stopped here, you should have.

chocolito

I'm Pretty Popular
12/9/17
Does anybody know if the new air king can have a crystal caseback on it? I'm sure it has a second internal caseback but I'm not sure yet as I don't have mine yet

Let's start again Tony old bean !

In regards to your GMF 116900 Air King i suppose you could put an exhibition back on it just like the custom Rolex watches Thomas Preik makes .

However your watch is a $300 fake Toy watch and this would be impossible to purchase complete to fit . You would need to get somebody to make you one ,which i doubt would make economic sense . I wouldn't know either how to go about getting one made . Unless of course i am unaware of your skills as a watchsmith and you have the ability to make one yourself .

Personally i think it wouldn't be a good idea aesthetically , also it would reveal the obviously fake movement ,the achilles heel to an visually excellent replica . That said i must agree this is only MY opinion , and you are free to continue in this endeavour .

My opinion is to enjoy wearing the 116900 as a sport watch . Then perhaps if i could be as bold to suggest that you add further watches to your replica collection to satisfy your penchant for exhibition case backs .

I hope you take my post with the goodwill it is intended and let me apologise again in advance if you feel it was condensending in anyway . I realise from your posts you are a man of great substance , and not to be disrespected especially on the streets .

The internet is a serious business ! I realise i have little to contribute to this forum and much to learn . I look forward to your future posts ! I pray perhaps if i am studious and dilligent i can learn from them . Not only about watches , the forum , life in general but just about simply being a man . I hope to one day be just like you !

Keep safe during the Coronavirus disaster i need you , the forum needs you , hell the world needs you Tony !!

I hope i have humbly helped. In servitude kind regards Chocolito.

PS Thanks for reading my posts great man .

Last edited:

tony5haw2013

10/8/19
malta
The case for this toy watch is the same as the genuine, you can use genuine casebacks on it.

And you are calling me a bit dense?

If you think these toy watches are so pathetic why are you a member on a replica watch forum?

Troll?

Jesus Raddave why are people like this still on RWI.

I wont post again as I don't want contribute to a worthless thread of arguments. But I do hope you are kindly shown the door.

chocolito

I'm Pretty Popular
12/9/17
The case for this toy watch is the same as the genuine, you can use genuine casebacks on it.

I apologise humbly Tony you must have missed the bit where i used the words ' would make economic sense ' .

Of course you can buy a ready made caseback from Thomas Preik complete ( although from testimony buyers have had to do some additional minor work to get them to fit ) . However i don't believe they make one for the 116900 . Again i apologise if i am in fact incorrect , hence my getting one made reference .

Why so mean Tony i have tried to be respectful . The move of @The mods and passively asking them to give me a ban . Well quite frankly it is not what i expect from you , it's a really underhand , dupliticous and a quite frankly sissy move .

I'm trying to help Tony . I'm trying to contribute Tony . Blame me Tony i was just trying to get your acknowledgement , my words are meant as terms of endearment. Please don't stop posting Tony , i and i guess for forum will miss you . Please Tony , please mate don't .

I love you big man this place wouldn't mean as much for me without you .

Last edited:

tony5haw2013

10/8/19
malta
Mate you really need to just stop what what your doing, your making yourself sound like a complete fool.

I have no interest in your sarcastic posts, you deserve a ban as your acting like a 10 year old.

Do you speak to people like this when your in person?

What do you gain here by acting like this?

I simply asked a question. You have done nothing but try and belittle me, why do you use RWI if this is how you treat the average user here?.

Just find something else to do that doesn't involve being a complete dick with people for no reason.

chocolito

I'm Pretty Popular
12/9/17
Tony you really are being horrible . I answered your question and you decided i was being condesending and reacted like a big girls blouse .

How about a joke to lighten the mood ? What's the difference between a man from Malta and a baby ? A baby eventually will stop whining .

C Master

General RWI Dogsbody
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
Top Poster Of Month
7/10/15
Ireland
chocolito did you really miss the fact that Glaude was telling you to stop posting this crap and pissing on peoples threads?

As for exhibition CBs on Reps, plenty of people have modded all sorts of Rolex gen and fake with these transparent CBs to display the movement inside. I do not see why you had to be so derisive about it.

C Master

General RWI Dogsbody
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
Top Poster Of Month
7/10/15
Ireland
I'm British you clown

I think Britain's relationship with Malta would be lost on him.

facepalm-statue-paris-260nw-1019362615.jpg

And no the above image is not a dig about Lord Elgin lol.

Reactions: Glaude

chocolito

I'm Pretty Popular
12/9/17
I'm British you clown

Then i expect better . A question that needs to asked when did the British become such whiny babies ? I blame the TV and the internet . People crying about everything , people disrespected by clouds . What happened to the stiff upper lip ?

I thought you promised about an hour ago to stop posting ? You seem angry put the keyboard down chap and have a breather .

Last edited:

tony5haw2013

10/8/19
malta
I think Britain's relationship with Malta would be lost on him.

facepalm-statue-paris-260nw-1019362615.jpg

And no the above image is not a dig about Lord Elgin lol.

i do not doubt it for a second, i guess hes over 50, lived in the UK all his life judging by his choice of phrases, holiday'd in Benidorm a few times in his life and sees himself as some form RWI Veteran.

i try my best to help out as many people on RWI as i can, it just makes people like this all the more irritating.