• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

116622 Yachtmaster franken questions!

Dissemination

Renowned Member
15/6/19
San Jose, CA
Hi all,

I'm in the process of acquiring gen parts for a new build. I have been looking for several hours and can't find a definitive answer on this:

Will a gen bezel fit onto a rep case? I'm specifically looking at ARF. I will have the insert, bezel, and the master spring. Will I need/ should I get any other gen parts? I will be using a gen crystal.

Thank you in advance!

bc1221

Put Some Respect On My Name
30/4/14
I don’t think it fits directly without some modding since the YM bezel is just one solid chunk of platinum. There’s a few people here who have the mod but I think most were older (WM9 or TC) cases with the older bezel structure.

Personally, I would skip the gen bezel. Yea. It looks amazing but the price just isn’t worth it imo. A $2-$3k bezel is just a bit much. You can buy a very nice gen watch with that. Something like a oyster date with a 3035 or a 1575 can be had for roughly around that price range.

I would just get a modded insert. They look pretty damn good imo. Not 1:1 to gen but good enough so that it’s hard to tell unless you put a gen right next to it or if it’s watch nerds like us looking at it. Especially with the platinum dial. Rhodium or blue dial, it’s hard to tell to general public imo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: Dissemination

Dissemination

Renowned Member
15/6/19
San Jose, CA
I don’t think it fits directly without some modding since the YM bezel is just one solid chunk of platinum. There’s a few people here who have the mod but I think most were older (WM9 or TC) cases with the older bezel structure.

Personally, I would skip the gen bezel. Yea. It looks amazing but the price just isn’t worth it imo. A $2-$3k bezel is just a bit much. You can buy a very nice gen watch with that. Something like a oyster date with a 3035 or a 1575 can be had for roughly around that price range.

I would just get a modded insert. They look pretty damn good imo. Not 1:1 to gen but good enough so that it’s hard to tell unless you put a gen right next to it or if it’s watch nerds like us looking at it. Especially with the platinum dial. Rhodium or blue dial, it’s hard to tell to general public imo.

Hey, thanks brother. I decided to pass on the bezel as it wasn't even in that great of condition. Also was looking at $1400, which I think could have made it worth it (for me) had it been in better shape. In any case, not being sure if it would fit or not was the biggest concern. Besides, I like my Tromrep bezel anyways :) It'll be fantastic with gen dial, hands, crystal, date wheel.

bc1221

Put Some Respect On My Name
30/4/14
Hey, thanks brother. I decided to pass on the bezel as it wasn't even in that great of condition. Also was looking at $1400, which I think could have made it worth it (for me) had it been in better shape. In any case, not being sure if it would fit or not was the biggest concern. Besides, I like my Tromrep bezel anyways :) It'll be fantastic with gen dial, hands, crystal, date wheel.

Good choice on the bezel.
When I ruined mine (polishing wheel accidentally touched the bezel and polished a spot that was matte. I tried a few different modding methods. The one I got the best results with was using spray paint. Just platinum color spray paint that had a metallic finish. Sprayed the hole thing. Let it dry overnight and used peg wood to polish off the numbers and markers. It looked pretty good. Had a nice metallic finish but it was just a bit too sparkly for me so I ended up just getting another rep insert.

I regret selling that piece now. By far one of my fav reps. It’s just perfect for smaller wrists.

Reactions: Dissemination