• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

16610 click spring

sgt.njoy

M2M Camper
Certified
2/10/18
Illinois
I need help putting back my bezel insert... I almost damn lost the click spring when popping out the bezel. For some reason location of the click spring is at 6’o clock side!

Watching couple videos on YouTube for DIY, but click spring placement is located at opposite side which is 12-1. Now I’m really confused..... how do I put this back :(

W0u38.jpg

sgt.njoy

M2M Camper
Certified
2/10/18
Illinois
After an hour of struggle finally able to putted it back in LOL
but why is my click spring placement is at 6’o clock side???

​​​​​​
Wbi0W.jpg

Perpetual

I'm Pretty Popular
23/1/16
Special thanks to lawlessflyer & Rx4Time for making this happen!

Your very welcome! Your TC LV is an absolute Stunner! Wear it well mate!

about the click spring location, it really can be anywhere it's not always at the same place (as far as I know) it all matters of the fitment of the crystal retainer washer how it's pressed on. When ever I switch up bezels I keep the click spring at the 7 o'clock position because I like the bezel ring pry position to be at the 1 o'clock i find it more home there + if you were to mark the lug area it wont be easly noticed from your conrad's amoung you.

bc1221

Put Some Respect On My Name
30/4/14
Your very welcome! Your TC LV is an absolute Stunner! Wear it well mate!

about the click spring location, it really can be anywhere it's not always at the same place (as far as I know) it all matters of the fitment of the crystal retainer washer how it's pressed on. When ever I switch up bezels I keep the click spring at the 7 o'clock position because I like the bezel ring pry position to be at the 1 o'clock i find it more home there + if you were to mark the lug area it wont be easly noticed from your conrad's amoung you.

Yup. I’ve seen that spring at 12, 3, 6, 9, and all over the place. I think it’s just a matter of preference, which still makes no difference. The only thing I could think of is to make sure the crystal is lined up correctly by putting it at 6 or 3. That would help but I highly doubt that’s the reason.

If you think that click spring is hard to find, you should never take out the click spring on the winding wheel. That little paperclip that flies across the room is impossible to find. I think out of all of those that I’ve lost, I found 1. I think I’ve lost about 10 in my office/work room. It has carpet so that doesn’t help.

A strong magnet on a stick helps but then you have to demagnitize it.

Glad you were able to find it. I would put a little bit of grease on the teeth just to make it a bit smoother when turning and clicking in to place. Then again, some people don’t like that. I like a smooth turn with little to no play.

:)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Perpetual

I'm Pretty Popular
23/1/16
Yup. I’ve seen that spring at 12, 3, 6, 9, and all over the place. I think it’s just a matter of preference, which still makes no difference. The only thing I could think of is to make sure the crystal is lined up correctly by putting it at 6 or 3. That would help but I highly doubt that’s the reason.

If you think that click spring is hard to find, you should never take out the click spring on the winding wheel. That little paperclip that flies across the room is impossible to find. I think out of all of those that I’ve lost, I found 1. I think I’ve lost about 10 in my office/work room. It has carpet so that doesn’t help.

A strong magnet on a stick helps but then you have to demagnitize it.

Glad you were able to find it. I would put a little bit of grease on the teeth just to make it a bit smoother when turning and clicking in to place. Then again, some people don’t like that. I like a smooth turn with little to no play.

:)

About the last part you wrote,

Does that really help with a (smooth rotation) bezel action? I've never tryed putting grease on the bezel teeth..

I've worked the bezel action on a Gen 16610 at the AD and it was amazingly smooth with a crisp click! My Gen bezel assembly is ok in regards to smoothness, but not buttery smooth like the Gen Sub at the AD.. how comes though?

sgt.njoy

M2M Camper
Certified
2/10/18
Illinois
About the last part you wrote,

Does that really help with a (smooth rotation) bezel action? I've never tryed putting grease on the bezel teeth..

I've worked the bezel action on a Gen 16610 at the AD and it was amazingly smooth with a crisp click! My Gen bezel assembly is ok in regards to smoothness, but not buttery smooth like the Gen Sub at the AD.. how comes though?

Today I was playing with my tc sub and noticed my bezel action is really really stiff to rotate.
It wasn't like this before I changed the insert it was very smooth.. What did I do wrong.. LOL

Will this grease method will really work? Also what kind of grease does it require?
I'm scared to take it off and putting back on it was total nightmare!

bc1221

Put Some Respect On My Name
30/4/14
Today I was playing with my tc sub and noticed my bezel action is really really stiff to rotate.
It wasn't like this before I changed the insert it was very smooth.. What did I do wrong.. LOL

Will this grease method will really work? Also what kind of grease does it require?
I'm scared to take it off and putting back on it was total nightmare!

I put a little bits of silicone grease on a few teeth of the bezel. After a few turns to let us spread, it turns smooth not has a solid click action. I do also bend the click spring counter clockwise slightly to give it less play (for rep click springs anyway).

Mine just slides smooth and gently clicks in to place. Idk. I just love the way it feels. I know some people like that solid CLICK sound but I like the smooth action and clicks in to place.

Hey, if you don’t like it, it can be easily cleaned off so it can’t hurt.

Last edited: