• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Rolex Explorer ii with GMT Bezel

itgoes211

10/4/19
There’s also a guy named Joey B I believe that might still be making them as well. I believe he’s on our neighbor site rwg. (Apologies to Mods if I’m out of line here - please edit my comment as needed). I also remember a string here that’s probably the one you mentioned. I’ll look for it as well - let me know what you find. I’m trying to make one as well for one of my builds, but with no worthy success yet.

Keep us updated

Yingfu

You're Saying I Can Sell?
1/5/19
Asia
Thank you, itgoes211.
I've pmed a few days ago repmaster1234, a member here who made the bezels early last year (if I remember it right), but no response yet. Also contacted an ebayer who was selling his own aftermarket bakelite bezels, still no response. I will update if I get a response from them. Meanwhile, I hope your project will turn out great eventually so I can get one from you!

itgoes211

10/4/19
Yingfu : thanks for the info. I’d be interested to here if/when they get back to you please. My project is no where near completion at this point. So many projects - so little time! But if/when I ever get it completed or close, I’ll let you know. Just don’t hold your breath for my project. :)
Can’t wait to hear how yours comes along. Cheers!

Yingfu

1/5/19
Asia
itgoes211, Unfortunately so far no word from them so I guess it might be a dead end. I'm told that it's impossible to fit an aftermarket 6542 bakelite bezel insert into a 16700 bezel because of the different measurements. Do you have the measurement of the 6542 bakelite bezel insert? I'm thinking if there's not that much difference, I might try to source a vietnam insert to see if it can fit.

itgoes211

10/4/19
I believe the measurement difference is a correct issue. But I’ll measure my 6542 this weekend for you.
I asked a TD if they could source just the bezel and insert, and they say no. I’m trying other TDs as well, but no luck so far. So you might need to buy the whole 6542... but that doesn’t really help I guess.

Yingfu

1/5/19
Asia
Thank you. I’m thinking of getting measurement difference first, and if it’s insignificant, figuring out how to get a bezel later.

chubbychaser911

31/10/19
I know this is too little too late. But why did you get a 16700 bezel assembly? Isn't it the 16710 that's the right size/shape etc?