• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Help with restoring a zzf submariner black date dial

aliasgaruk

Looking Around
18/8/19
Hi guys,

I'm looking for someone to restore a zzf dial for a submariner for me.

I very stupidly opened up the case to fiddle around with the watch. I admit I was way over my head doing this. The movement works well however I've messed up the following:

Scratch/fingerprint mark on the seconds hand

There's a Minute mark that's faded.

Dust/marks on the dial.

These can only be seen when looking at the watch close up but it's still bothering me.

Looking for a repairer/restorer based in the UK.

Please let me know if you can assist.

Thank you,

Asmodeus

I'm Pretty Popular
17/4/15
It's not worth the time. Just source a new one if it bothers you.

Rx4Time

Supporter, Panerai lover
Supporter
Certified
31/3/16
CONUS
you can place a WTB ad and get a replacement dial....probably not a ZZF and have a watchsmith swap them and clean the seconds hand. You should have them do a movement service as well since you have contaminated the movement. As said, probably better to sell that one at a loss as is and buy a new one...

All_Heart

Known Member
26/8/21
Finger prints on dials can be wiped with a good quality microfiber cloth but I normally steam in for a bit to moisten it so lint and dust sticks to the cloth. Be extra careful with the hands they are very thinly platedand once smeared, it might not be worth cleaning or repolishing since they are very cheap these days

All_Heart

Known Member
26/8/21
Windex and Handee towels worked well for me when I used to service my Canon DSLR
lenses as far as leaving no streaks but you have to wipe in one direction only.

Just make sure there are no hard debris on the hands that could scratch the soft white gold plating