• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Rolex cyclops

P1hype

You're Saying I Can Sell?
15/3/19
United Kingdom
I’m trying to find a new cyclops for my 116710blnr is it possible to get gen?? Or even a god rep as the one on mine has too much reflection for my liking but I’m struggling to find anything. Any help appreciated

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stretcherfetcher

This member is doing hard time, they pissed off the goat.
INMATE
30/6/19
I saw a packaged rolex one on the bay for 92$ not sure how "real" it is

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

Rx4Time

Supporter, Panerai lover
Supporter
Certified
31/3/16
CONUS
There's more to a Rolex cyclops then the cyclops itself. There's an AR coating under it. If the magnification is off on yours, it could be due to the distance between the cyclops and the date wheel, not the cyclops. From what you have said, you'll have to replace the whole crystal with either a genuine one or a profs black hole crystal. Replacing just the cyclops will not help your issue.

Last edited:

bc1221

Put Some Respect On My Name
30/4/14
Reflection is due to it not having a AR coating. If it was gen, the AR would be between the flat part of the crystal and the cyclops. If you wanna get a gen, that’s the best (but not the cheapest) option. Second best would be prof which would prob run you around $130 or so). In between you can get a decent one from Clark’s. I think they run around $50 bucks or so on eBay.

The AR never bothered me so it’s a waste of money to replace imo. If people know enough to see that AR missing = rep, then they will know enough flaws to call it out but I would probably tell em anyway. ????????‍♂️

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk