• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

SA3135 #510 Drive Wheel replacement or purchase location

Vassago

Horology Curious
31/8/18
Vassago

sorry i missed your previous post. Please dont use a watch winder. It will damage the gears if it runs none stop. even with timer it will spoil the watch gears. The best practice is to wind the watch once a week about 8 quater rotations with the crown to allow the gears to move so the oil doesnt scum up.

If you use synthetic oil 9010 it has a better storage life assuming the place you stay doesnt have winter. Otherwise you might need to use a different type of synthetic oil.

also check your ratchet wheel #305 is in good condition. check the gears are in perfect condition.
the #510 interact with your ratchet wheel #305 to wind the spring arbor #310.

i just serviced and checked your #145. The gears #510 and both #540 are working with the auto rotor. I also oiled it with 9010. It is all in working condition. I took a video of it running but for now we can just deal with trust.

i will upload the photo of my service tomorrow.

Sounds good, I will check the #305 gear.

tsyeo4

I'm Pretty Popular
13/11/14
I cant sleep and it is 3 am here. Lol. Anways, the service i just did on the auto rotor. Cleaned with naptha and oiled with 9010 synthetic oil.

vQUdy.jpg

vQQpa.jpg

vQpnZ.jpg

vQ1wg.jpg

video of movement:

https://youtu.be/nUUOW_zcPNw

just observe the #510 hole. It should be enough.