• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

SA3135 #510 Drive Wheel replacement or purchase location

Vassago

Horology Curious
31/8/18
Does anyone know where I can get a SA3135 #510 Drive wheel (Gold gear between the two red gears on the auto winder assembly) Mine is stripped and my watch will not auto wind until i can find one. Has anyone successfully found a place to buy a replacement, I would love to fix this movement and not have to buy a whole new one.

amplitude

Known Member
4/12/06
There are a bunch on ebay always. Genuine ones, anyhow. Are the parts interchangeable?

Vassago

Horology Curious
31/8/18
There are a bunch on ebay always. Genuine ones, anyhow. Are the parts interchangeable?

Apparently not, I am researching now but looks like the jewel in the barrel bridge is to small in diameter. Apparently if you modify the SA3135 barrel bridge jewel it will work with genuine #510 driving wheel but I don't even know where to begin this kind of endeavor.

I wonder if you can just install a gen barrel bridge on the SA3135?

amplitude

Known Member
4/12/06
You can press out the jewels & press in new ones of the right size, easily. Any competent watchmaker can do this. We don't have to do it often, but it's not a weird thing to have to do. Find a local guy who's decent. He'll probably be very interested to see the clone movement. I know I am. I'm not a huge fan of modern Rolex, but I'm going to buy one of these new fake Submariners one of these days so I can check the Chinese 3135 movement out.

Vassago

Horology Curious
31/8/18
You can press out the jewels & press in new ones of the right size, easily. Any competent watchmaker can do this. We don't have to do it often, but it's not a weird thing to have to do. Find a local guy who's decent. He'll probably be very interested to see the clone movement. I know I am. I'm not a huge fan of modern Rolex, but I'm going to buy one of these new fake Submariners one of these days so I can check the Chinese 3135 movement out.

i am still curious if the Gen barrel bridge will work on SA3135 movement which should be easier to replace then putting in a new jewel for the gen #510 gear.

tsyeo4

I'm Pretty Popular
13/11/14
Vassago The SA3135 sucks. There is alot of problems with it. You are better off getting a yuki 3135 or SH3135. Hands and dial can swap out easily between the SA3135 and SH3135. It might differ from person to person but i learned that from experience.

i had a spare autowinding part for SA3135 but i need to follow rwi rules of sales. I might need to contact the admin to know if i can sell it as i am not a supporter yet.

Last edited:

Vassago

Horology Curious
31/8/18
Vassago The SA3135 sucks. There is alot of problems with it. You are better off getting a yuki 3135 or SH3135. Hands and dial can swap out easily between the SA3135 and SH3135. It might differ from person to person but i learned that from experience.

i had a spare autowinding part for SA3135 but i need to follow rwi rules of sales. I might need to contact the admin to know if i can sell it as i am not a supporter yet.

Do you know if the stem from the SA3135 will work in the SH3135 movement? IF yes then this sounds like an easy swap relatively speaking. I sourced a SH3135 movement off Ebay for 279 but Im not sure how to either move the crown off my current steam onto the new one or if mine will work with the new movement.

tsyeo4

I'm Pretty Popular
13/11/14
Vassago

Ah geeze mate dont buy from ebay. Only buy gen parts from ebay US. You can get a yuki/SH3135 for USD 195 bucks excluding shipping:

http://www.yukiwatch.com/index.html

do note that there is some cavitation damage on the rotor. you can polish the rotor with a fine grade sand (high grid number) paper or using a drill with wool head and fine dialux vert (green). If you want to polish shine then get a dialux vert (orange). Basically the more fine the polish the more shinny it will be.

Also note that the balance wheel is plastic for some yuki movements. Yuki movement also suffer the problem of peeling purple gears (3135-540) at the auto rotor winder. My advice is to change those with gen from ebay as well while you are at it.

In general the movement is ok but can be serviced easily. You need to service the movements as sometimes there are nasty crap inside those movements and they still have oil residue from CNC machines.

I had been through alot of problems when trying to create 5 gen hybrid movements. Rep movements cut coners from giving low quality parts, hence the low cost and reliability. That is where gen parts comes into play. Aka franken projects. The goal of a franken project is to create a super monster movement with brains and gen parts at minimum cost. Buying all gen is kinda pointless imo. As our objective is to cut cost.

study your SA3135 movement, learn it then move to your SH3135 to service. Both SA3135 and SH3135 suffer the same reliability issues as some rolex parts are very finely cut (with laser) which a rep can never achieve.

You can make a SH 3135 to a monster with gen parts and some luck.
I made 5 hybrid gen movements and never had any issues there after.

As to your questions, i had tried to migrate the SA3135 parts to SH3135. It failed in many parts due to tolerance and design. Not a single parts could migrate over except the balance spring. SH3135 is a better setup for a gen movement. The SH3135 yuki comes with a stem by default, however due to the extra stem length you need to cut off with End Cutting Pliers

and grind rough edge of the stem to suite your crown. you can remove the SA3135 stem from the crown using one pliers. The crown is hold down with the stem with loctite. So slowly remove the stem by rotating clock and anti clock wise. Do not use flame to heat up the steam and loctite, the flame will damage the second seal lock in the crown.

Please measure accurately before you cut the yuki stem. Also use loctite 243 at the thread near the crown to secure it. The loctite is a glue that slow drys.

Last edited:

Vassago

Horology Curious
31/8/18
Vassago

Ah geeze mate dont buy from ebay. Only buy gen parts from ebay US. You can get a yuki/SH3135 for USD 195 bucks excluding shipping:

http://www.yukiwatch.com/index.html

do note that there is some cavitation damage on the rotor. you can polish the rotor with a fine grade sand (high grid number) paper or using a drill with wool head and fine dialux vert (green). If you want to polish shine then get a dialux vert (orange). Basically the more fine the polish the more shinny it will be.

Also note that the balance wheel is plastic for some yuki movements. Yuki movement also suffer the problem of peeling purple gears (3135-540) at the auto rotor winder. My advice is to change those with gen from ebay as well while you are at it.

In general the movement is ok but can be serviced easily.
You can make a SH 3135 to a monster with gen parts and some luck.
I made 5 hybrid gen movements and never had any issues there after.

As to your questions, i had tried to migrate the SA3135 parts to SH3135. It failed in many parts due to tolerance and design. Not a single parts could migrate over except the balance spring. SH3135 is a better setup for a gen movement. The SH3135 yuki comes with a stem by default, however due to the extra stem length you need to cut off with End Cutting Pliers

and grind rough edge of the stem to suite your crown. you can remove the SA3135 stem from the crown using one pliers. The crown is hold down with the stem with loctite. So slowly remove the stem by rotating clock and anti clock wise. Do not use flame to heat up the steam and loctite, the flame will damage the second seal lock in the crown.

Please measure accurately before you cut the yuki stem. Also use loctite 243 at the thread near the crown to secure it. The loctite is a glue that slow drys.

Yeah I seen the Yuki page but it says currently out of stock, any other place to buy?

tsyeo4

I'm Pretty Popular
13/11/14
Vassago

Yes with a bit of help from a chinese friend and tabao. You can get an asian rolex 3135. But i am not sure the grades are the same as i bumped into those while searching for an A4130 for my next project. As there is no clear picture of the 3135 movement. You can buy one from ebay but it is the same SH3135. You can tell the difference from the balance spring and reversing wheel. Look into the picture to see if it is a SH3135 or SA3135.

man i must had bought all 6 last movement from yuki...i am fixing the 6th movement at the moment. I dont mind selling it but it is currently in 18 pieces for cleaning and i bought the gen parts to swap for spare movement.

are you only facing issues with the auto rotor only for the SA3135? I have spare and dont mind selling cheap. I just need to post at rwi watch parts section to follow the rules. I believe is 1 per month or 1 per week.

Last edited:

tsyeo4

I'm Pretty Popular
13/11/14
Vassago

here is the picture of the SA3135 auto rotor set #145. I dont need it and i can source it to you for USD 10 bucks excluding shipping (additonal 20 bucks for registered mail from Singapore. If you are at Singapore then you are at luck. Dont worry i am not a cop. Just drop me a PM). My junk, your gain. Do let me know if you are ok with this.

Note to rwi admin. I am just showing my parts. I will officially use the sale section when the OP agrees with the parts.

v19zK.jpg

v1fnT.jpg

v18rA.jpg

Last edited:

Vassago

Horology Curious
31/8/18
Vassago

Yes with a bit of help from a chinese friend and tabao. You can get an asian rolex 3135. But i am not sure the grades are the same as i bumped into those while searching for an A4130 for my next project. As there is no clear picture of the 3135 movement. You can buy one from ebay but it is the same SH3135. You can tell the difference from the balance spring and reversing wheel. Look into the picture to see if it is a SH3135 or SA3135.

man i must had bought all 6 last movement from yuki...i am fixing the 6th movement at the moment. I dont mind selling it but it is currently in 18 pieces for cleaning and i bought the gen parts to swap for spare movement.

are you only facing issues with the auto rotor only for the SA3135? I have spare and dont mind selling cheap. I just need to post at rwi watch parts section to follow the rules. I believe is 1 per month or 1 per week.

Yeah the driving wheel #510 is stripped on one side, not sure if the #540 reversing wheels are bad which caused the problem or if the driving wheel was bad to start with. I was thinking of replacing reversing wheels with gen and put in new #510 driving wheel and hope that fixes everything. I never really wind the watch, when I first received it I wound it to get it started and then never wound it again since i use a winder. However it was gritty and felt like it wasn't engaging correctly when i first did this so Im guessing #510 wheel was just defective from the get go. I am thinking that I would prefer to just change the movement over to the SH since it seems like parts are easier to obtain for repair even if they are gen parts. If the SA #510 wheel strips again im basically screwed since its almost impossible to find one.

Is your auto rotor off a SA movement?

if you were to sell the Yuki movement currently in pieces what would that go for?

Vassago

Horology Curious
31/8/18
Vassago

here is the picture of the SA3135 auto rotor set. I dont need it and i can source it to you for USD 10 bucks excluding shipping. My junk, your gain.

Note to rwi admin. I am just showing my parts. I will officially use the sale section when the OP agrees with the parts.

v19zK.jpg

v1fnT.jpg

v18rA.jpg

That look identical to mine, if you follow procedures for sale I would be interested.

tsyeo4

I'm Pretty Popular
13/11/14
I will setup a simple sale now. Hope i dont get the band hammer. Finger crossed. Lol.

tsyeo4

I'm Pretty Popular
13/11/14
Vassago

https://forum.replica-watch.info/for...ed-for-vassago

i opened the sub forum page. Just wait for the green. Mean time you just drop me a PM with your address and shipping details. I will send you my Paypal link.

Please dont fly kite me as I will be using my counter for mere USD 10 bucks. Lmao. I have other unused watch to sell as well. Lol.

my strong advice is still to use a SH3135 in the future. Nothing beats a franken 3135 gen movement. I been using it for 3 months and i dont have issues with it.

Last edited:

tsyeo4

I'm Pretty Popular
13/11/14
Vassago

sorry i missed your previous post. Please dont use a watch winder. It will damage the gears if it runs none stop. even with timer it will spoil the watch gears. The best practice is to wind the watch once a week about 8 quater rotations with the crown to allow the gears to move so the oil doesnt scum up.

If you use synthetic oil 9010 it has a better storage life assuming the place you stay doesnt have winter. Otherwise you might need to use a different type of synthetic oil.

also check your ratchet wheel #305 is in good condition. check the gears are in perfect condition.
the #510 interact with your ratchet wheel #305 to wind the spring arbor #310.

i just serviced and checked your #145. The gears #510 and both #540 are working with the auto rotor. I also oiled it with 9010. It is all in working condition. I took a video of it running but for now we can just deal with trust.

i will upload the photo of my service tomorrow.

Last edited: